The Grave Digger Cocktail can be quickly made up for a crowd or for solo sipping for a ghouslishly good time! This Halloween cocktail is a refreshing, fizzy fall cocktail perfect for celebrating.
A signature cocktail always makes a party festive and gives cause to celebrate the season.
The Grave Digger cocktail does both.
With familiar fall flavors and some fizz, this Halloween cocktail will make your party the favorite.
It will be the cocktail friends ask you to make on repeat as the cold weather rolls in.
Grave Digger Cocktail: Halloween cocktail
There is no better way to celebrate October than with a fall-inspired Halloween cocktail!
In conjuring up this spooky sipper I found myself wondering ‘if I were a grave digger, what would I drink?’ Whisky, would be what I would drink.
I could picture man with a shovel in the thick of night silhouetted only by a harvest moon.
Wiping his brow, he would pull out a small flask for a sip before burying the new casket by morning.
I frankly know nothing about grave digging other than what I’ve seen in movies.
But I liked this eerie visual all the same.
Grave Digger Cocktail Ingredients
The ingredients in this Halloween cocktail are simple and full of fall flavors:
- Hard Cider
- Bourbon or other Whiskey
- Ginger Ale or Ginger Beer
It’s apple season and hard cider is a great alternative to beer especially for fall.
Most hard ciders are also gluten-free which is a plus for those needing to avoid gluten.
If you are gluten-free always check the hard cider label!
It has a bright flavor and carbonation making for a delicious apple-cider-meets-beer alternative.
I love the combination of bourbon and ginger, as well as apple and ginger.
It seemed natural to combine all three into a concoction to celebrate fall and certainly for Halloween parties.
The Grave Digger ingredients make a delicious combination.
This Halloween cocktail also doesn’t pack too big a punch thanks to the ginger ale filler.
Using Dry Ice in a Halloween Cocktail
IMPORTANT NOTE! The addition of dry ice is a fun visual however drinks should not be consumed with dry ice in them!
Dry Ice is solid carbon dioxide frozen to -100 degrees which will cause frostbite.
Once the dry ice has evaporated fully, drinks are fine to consume (I actually checked with a physician on this!).
READ THIS Dry Ice Guide for everything you need to know about dry ice. Where to buy it, how to handle it and more.
Halloween Recipes to Serve with the Grave Digger Cocktail
- Pumpkin Chipotle Cream Sauce for Pasta
- Turkey Meatball Eyeballs & Black Bean Pasta: a Halloween Dinner Idea
- Graveyard Halloween Cupcakes: Favorite Halloween Party Recipe (+ VIDEO)
- Roasted Pumpkin Seeds + VIDEO: The Best Method Ever!
- Caramel Coated Candy Apples Recipe
- Pumpkin Spice Hello Dolly Bars
Try these Cocktail Recipes too!
- Glow-in-the-Dark Infected Brain Cocktail
- Squirm Jello Shots: A Perfect Halloween Party Recipe
- Bloody Maria Shots
- Salty Dog cocktail: a Favorite Winter Cocktail!
- Old Fashioned cocktail: The Walking Dead style
The Grave Digger Cocktail
- 2 ounces Hard Cider
- 1 ounce Whiskey (I used Bourbon)
- Ginger ale , to fill
- Crushed ice
- In a 12-16 ounce tumbler or high ball glass, combine the hard cider and whiskey. Fill the glass with crushed ice. Fill with ginger ale.
Originally published: September 30, 2014
The Grave Digger cocktail is a perfect Halloween cocktail with fall flavors and some fizz!