Rosemary Roasted Chicken Breasts cook with an assortment of colorful vegetables for an EASY one pan dinner recipe. Bursting with fresh herb and Mediterranean flavors for a healthy, wholesome family loved meal.
Boneless chicken breasts are wildly popular but need some cooking care to turn out well.
They dry out easily and can become tough and flavorless.
A good one pan meal is a great way to cook them and big flavors are a key to success.
This recipe is no different. The fresh Mediterranean flavors of rosemary and Italian seasonings are bright and bold!
Easy Boneless Chicken Breast Recipe
Without a bone or skin to protect the light meat you can end up with dry chicken.
This easy recipe is the perfect solution.
- Cooking at high heat seals the meat so the end result is a juicy chicken breast.
- A rosemary and honey marinade adds big flavor and also keeps the meat tender and moist.
- Cooking the chicken ON fresh vegetables provides more moisture that keeps the white meat from drying out.
- Five minutes of resting the dish after it cooks lets the juices redistribute in the chicken for the best result.
- It’s a very quick and EASY recipe too!
Roasted Summer Vegetables
The colorful bed of vegetables makes this a full meal in one pan.
Fresh red and yellow bell peppers, red onion and zucchini tossed in a delicious Mediterranean marinade.
The vegetables roast perfectly for a ready side dish.
- Boneless skinless Chicken Breasts
- Red Bell Pepper
- Yellow Bell Pepper
- Red Onion
- fresh Rosemary
- Italian Seasoning
- Olive Oil
- Garlic Cloves
- Salt and Pepper
PRO TIP: Use Same Size Chicken Breasts
Always select similar size boneless chicken breasts to ensure even cooking.
Because the size will determine the cooking time, different sizes will be done at different times.
How to Make it – Step-by-Step
STEP 1: Combine the chicken with the marinade ingredients (photo 1). Toss to fully coat (photo 2).
NOTE: do this in a bowl to be covered in the refrigerator or in a gallon zipper-close plastic bag.
Refrigerate and marinate for at minimum of 30 minutes up to 24 hours before cooking.
STEP 2: When ready to cook, preheat the oven to 400 degrees F.
STEP 3: While the oven is heating, combine the vegetables and their marinade (reserve the lemon for cooking only). Toss to fully coat (photo 3).
Do this in the 13-inch by 9-inch baking dish (covered with plastic wrap) or in a gallon zipper-closure bag. Place in the refrigerator.
STEP 4: When the oven is ready, spread the vegetables evenly in a 13-inch by 9-inch roasting pan (if not already). Place the chicken on top (photo 4).
Cook for 30-35 minutes until the internal temperature of the chicken reaches 165 degrees. Remove the pan and allow to sit 5 minutes before serving.
NOTE: liquid will be released from the vegetables during cooking. Serve with a slotted spoon to drain any excess liquid back into the pan.
When is the Chicken Done?
When it reaches 165 degrees F internal temperature.
The best way to measure is with an Instant Read thermometer inserted into the thickest part of the breast.
Marinate it Ahead
The marinade and chicken breasts may be combined to marinate up to 24 hours before cooking for a stronger flavor.
You can make that the day before and continue the recipe with marinating the vegetables while the oven heats.
The vegetables develop most of their flavor as they cook with the spices.
Meal Prep idea
This light and healthy combination is a great option for meal prepping too.
Allow the ingredients to cool. Individually pack portions of the prepared recipe into containers and refrigerate for up to 3 days.
Keep the breasts whole cut into pieces and mixed with the vegetables for easy reheating.
What to Serve with It
This makes a light and filling meal but adding some rice, bread or potatoes will round it out too. Here are some favorite recipe:
- Cilantro Lime Rice Recipe
- Easy Beer Bread
- Roasted Potatoes with Lavender
- Roasted Garlic Buttermilk Smashed Red Potatoes
- Instant Pot Mashed Potatoes with Sour Cream and Garlic
Storing Leftovers & Reheating
Store any leftovers in a sealed container in the refrigerator for up to 3 days.
Reheat on low heat (to prevent the meat drying out) in the microwave.
Try these One Pan Meals too!
- Sheet Pan Fajitas
- Maple-Mustard Salmon with Roasted Potatoes and Carrots
- Instant Pot Jambalaya Recipe
- Spicy Baked Pork Chops with Brussels Sprouts & Sweet Potatoes
- Lemon Rosemary Chicken Thighs with Vegetables
You’ll Love these Chicken Recipes!
- Chicken Adobo
- Triple Citrus Chicken Marinade Recipe
- Rosemary Chicken with Lemon – Instant Pot Recipe
Rosemary Roasted Chicken Breasts with Vegetables
- 4 Boneless Skinless Chicken Breasts total weight approximately 1.5 pounds
- 3 tablespoons Honey
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh Rosemary
- 1 tablespoon Italian seasonings
- 2 tablespoons Olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves finely chopped
- ¼ teaspoon Salt
- ¼ teaspoon Black pepper
- 1 medium Red Bell Pepper seeded and cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 medium Yellow Bell Pepper seeded and cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 3/4 cups 1-inch thick slices then quartered Zucchini
- 1 large Red onion cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 medium Lemon cut into 4-6 wedges lengthwise
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh rosemary
- 1 1/2 tablespoons Olive oil
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasonings
- Salt and pepper to taste
- fresh parsley for garnish
- Preheat the oven at 400 degrees F.
- In a medium bowl or gallon zipper close plastic bag, combine the 3 tablespoons honey, 1 tablespoon rosemary, 1 tablespoon Italian seasonings, 2 tablespoons olive oil, garlic, ¼ teaspoon salt and ¼ teaspoon pepper. Mix together fully.
- Add the chicken and toss to coat if using a bowl. Or seal the bag (if using), squeezing out all air and massage the marinade into the chicken from the outside of the bag. Marinate in the fridge for 30 minutes. NOTE: the marinade and chicken may marinate for up to 24 hours before cooking.
- In a large mixing bowl or gallon zipper close plastic bag, combine the 1 tablespoon rosemary, 1 ½ tablespoons of olive oil, 1 teaspoon Italian seasonings. Mix together fully.
- Add the red bell pepper, yellow bell pepper, zucchini and onion to the bowl or bag. Toss to fully coat (or seal if using the bag and massage the marinade into the vegetables). Place in the refrigerator.
- When the 30 minutes of the chicken marinating has elapsed, pour the vegetables into a 13-inch by 9-inch baking dish.
- Place the lemon wedges in with the vegetables. Lightly salt and pepper the vegetables.
- Add the chicken breasts on top of the vegetables leaving space in between the chicken breasts.
- Bake for 30-35 minutes until the internal temperature of the chicken reaches 165 degrees. Remove the baking dish from the oven and allow to rest for 5 minutes before serving.
- Serve hot as is or on cooked rice or pasta. Garnish with chopped Italian parsley if desired.
- Select chicken breasts the same size for even cooking results.
- Adjust cooking time if using larger chicken breasts or more than 1.5 pounds. Ensure the internal temperature reaches 165 degrees before removing from the oven to rest.