Lemon Rosemary Sheet Pan Chicken Thighs with vegetables is super easy to prepare and bursting with homey flavors. Cooks in 30 minutes with no pre-marinating!
Sheet Pan dinner recipes are lifesavers.
Everything is loaded onto on pan, baked together and a full dinner is born!
Sheet Pan chicken recipes are a favorite in my household.
The flavor of sheet pan chicken thighs in particular is a favorite comfort food.
Pair them with new red potatoes, baby carrots and red onion for a satisfying dinner ready in a flash.
What is a Sheet Pan Recipe?
Sheet pan meals make an entire meal with all ingredients cooked together on one large rimmed baking sheet pan.
Selecting things that cook for the same amount of time makes it easiest.
EASY CLEAN UP TIP: I line the sheet pan with foil (the dull side up so the cooking time isn’t affected) making clean up a breeze.
Sheet Pan Chicken Thighs Ingredients
This recipe includes a delicious homemade marinade and the main ingredients for the meal!
- Olive Oil
- fresh Rosemary leaves
- Garlic Cloves
- fresh Lemon Juice
- Kosher Salt
- Black Pepper
Sheet Pan Dinner
- Chicken Thighs (bone-in, skin on)
- Red Potatoes
- Baby Carrots
- Red Onion
- Rosemary sprigs
Chicken Thighs vs. Chicken Breasts
Chicken thighs are used instead of chicken breasts in this recipe for two reasons:
- They have more flavor than chicken breasts
- Being darker meat, chicken thighs stay moist while cooking.
Chicken breasts, especially boneless, skinless chicken breasts can very easily dry out.
The skin on the chicken thighs keeps them moister too and crisps to a fantastic texture.
Bone-in chicken takes longer to cook (and the bone adds even more flavor).
In this sheet pan chicken recipe, it times out to be ready at the same time as the potatoes and carrots.
This is a time saving ingredient as it comes prepared from the store!
Chicken Thigh Cooking Time
This sheet pan chicken recipe cooks at 425 degrees. It takes 25-30 minutes to cook.
How to Know the Chicken is Cooked?
The internal temperature of the chicken thighs should be 165 degrees or higher.
NOTE: for the most accurate temperature, use an instant thermometer. Insert it into the thickest part of the chicken thigh and do not touch the bone.
How to make the Chicken Sheet Pan dinner recipe – Step by Step:
STEP 1: Preheat the oven to 425 degrees. Line a rimmed baking sheet with foil (shiny side down); spray with non-stick cooking spray.
STEP 2: In a large mixing bowl, all the ingredients for the marinade. Add the potatoes, carrots, onion wedges and chicken thighs.
STEP 2: Toss the chicken and vegetables in the marinade. Place them on the prepared baking sheet.
STEP 3: Cook for 25-30 minutes or until the internal temperature of the chicken thighs reaches 165 degrees.
Crispy skinned chicken thighs, perfectly cooked potatoes, carrots and onions with a beautiful lemon, rosemary, garlic flavor is ready for your dinner.
Equipment for Sheet Pan Chicken Thighs
Chances are all the needed equipment to make this sheet pan chicken is already in your kitchen!
- Citrus juicer (this is my favorite style and is fast and easy to use)
- Chopper (for the rosemary leaves)
- Garlic Peeler
More Sheet Pan Dinner Recipes You’ll Love:
- Sheet Pan Maple-Mustard Salmon with Potatoes and Carrots
- Sheet Pan Spicy Pork Chops with Brussels Sprouts and Sweet Potatoes
- Fast and Easy Sheet Pan Chicken Fajitas
Try these Recipes too!
- BBQ Chicken in Oven
- Oven Baked Chicken Breasts with Mexican flavors
- Lemon-Garlic Braised Chicken Thighs
If you’ve tried this Sheet Pan Lemon Rosemary Chicken Thigh recipe RATE THE RECIPE below!
Sheet Pan Lemon Rosemary Chicken Thighs with Vegetables
- 1/4 cup Olive Oil
- 2 tablespoons diced fresh Rosemary leaves
- 4 large Garlic Cloves peeled and diced
- Juice of 2 Lemons
- 1 teaspoon Kosher Salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground Black Pepper
Sheet Pan Meal Ingredients:
- 2 pounds Bone-in, Skin-On Chicken Thighs select thighs of similar size
- 1 pound Red New Potatoes scrubbed, and halved or quartered for uniform size (refer to photos)
- 1 pound Baby Carrots
- 1 medium Red Onion peeled and cut into wedges
- 1 Lemon sliced
- 4 sprigs fresh Rosemary
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees F and line a large rimmed backing sheet with foil, dull side up. Spray with non-stick spray.
- In a large mixing bowl combine the olive oil, rosemary, garlic, lemon juice, salt and pepper; whisk together.
- Add the chicken thighs, potatoes, carrots and onion and fold into the sauce to coat. Pour onto the prepared baking sheet and arrange in a single layer with the chicken skin UP and the potato skin DOWN.
- Place lemon slices and rosemary sprigs on top of the mixture and bake for 25-30 minutes until the internal temperature of the chicken thighs is 165 degrees.
Originally published: March 8, 2018