Sheet Pan Lemon Rosemary Chicken Thighs with vegetables is super easy to prepare and bursting with homey flavors. Cooks in 30 minutes with no pre-marinating!
I was reminded how much I LOVE a sheet pan meal last week when my collegiate daughter came home to celebrate her birthday and requested Sheet Pan Chicken Fajitas for dinner.
The day of her birthday was packed with last minute gift wrapping, cake decorating and cleaning up. I was thrilled to have such an easy recipe to make; 15 minutes to prep and 20 minutes to cook (cue the angels singing on high).
I’m getting ready to go out of town this week for some work travel and am distracted by all the preparation needed before I go.
Despite this everyone in my household still wants to eat! I’ve wanted to develop more recipes for sheet pan meals and Sheet Pan Lemon Rosemary Chicken with Vegetables was born!
What is a Sheet Pan Recipe?
Sheet pan meals are just that, an entire meal cooked together on one large rimmed baking sheet pan.
Selecting things that cook for the same amount of time makes it easiest.
EASY CLEAN UP TIP: I also line the sheet pan with foil (the dull side up so the cooking time isn’t affected) making clean up a breeze.
Chicken Thighs vs. Chicken Breasts
Every time I create a chicken recipe for Boulder Locavore using chicken breasts my husband and I have the same discussion.
As I’m talking about the recipe he says, ‘you know, I think chicken thighs are better because they have more flavor’. And he’s right.
Being darker meat, chicken thighs have more flavor and stay moist while cooking.
Chicken breasts, especially boneless, skinless chicken breasts can very easily dry out.
The skin on the chicken thighs keeps them moister too and crisps to a fantastic texture.
Bone-in chicken takes longer to cook (and the bone adds even more flavor)and in this recipe, times out to be ready at the same time as the potatoes and carrots.
How to make Sheet Pan Lemon Rosemary Chicken Thighs with Vegetables – Step by Step:
- In a large mixing bowl, all the ingredients for the marinade. Add the potatoes, carrots, onion wedges and chicken thighs.
- Toss the chicken and vegetables are tossed in the marinade and place them on a large rimmed baking dish (I suggest lining it with foil that is sprayed with non-stick spray for even cooking and easy clean up).
- Cook for 25 minutes or until the internal temperature of the chicken thighs reaches 165 degrees.
That’s it! Crispy skinned chicken thighs, perfectly cooked potatoes, carrots and onions with a beautiful lemon, rosemary, garlic flavor is ready for your dinner.
Suggested equipment for making Sheet Pan Lemon Rosemary Chicken Thighs with Vegetables
More Easy Sheet Pan Meal Recipes You’ll Love:
- Sheet Pan Maple-Mustard Salmon with Potatoes and Carrots
- Sheet Pan Spicy Pork Chops with Brussels Sprouts and Sweet Potatoes
- Fast and Easy Sheet Pan Chicken Fajitas
If you’ve tried this Sheet Pan Lemon Rosemary Chicken Thigh recipe RATE THE RECIPE below!
Sheet Pan Lemon Rosemary Chicken Thighs with Vegetables
This recipe has beautiful lemon, rosemary and garlic flavors, and cooks in less than 30 minutes! It's an easy recipe and naturally gluten-free.
Note: the carrots will be fully cooked, yet firm. If you prefer softer carrots, toss them alone in the marinade and cook for 5 minutes before adding the other ingredients.
- 1/4 cup Olive Oil
- 2 tablespoons diced fresh Rosemary leaves
- 4 large Garlic Cloves peeled and diced
- Juice of 2 Lemons
- 1/2 teaspoon Kosher Salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground Black Pepper
Sheet Pan Meal Ingredients:
- 2 pounds Bone-in, Skin-On Chicken Thighs select thighs of similar size
- 1 pound Red New Potatoes scrubbed, and halved or quartered for uniform size (refer to photos)
- 1 pound Baby Carrots
- 1 medium Red Onion peeled and cut into wedges
- 1 Lemon sliced
- 4 sprigs fresh Rosemary
Preheat the oven to 425 degrees F and line a large rimmed backing sheet with foil, dull side up. Spray with non-stick spray.
In a large mixing bowl combine the olive oil, rosemary, garlic, lemon juice, salt and pepper; whisk together.
Add the chicken thighs, potatoes, carrots and onion and fold into the sauce to coat. Pour onto the prepared baking sheet and arrange in a single layer with the chicken skin UP and the potato skin DOWN.
Place lemon slices and rosemary sprigs on top of the mixture and bake for 25-30 minutes until the internal temperature of the chicken thighs is 165 degrees.