Instant Pot Coconut Lime Jasmine Rice is a simple, fast recipe yielding lightly flavored rice perfect to pair with any protein or to use in bowl recipes. One of the fastest cooking rice types in the Instant Pot!
Pairing a dinner recipe with a starch seems to be pretty standard in our household and rice is often on the rotation.
Plain rice however can get boring or take longer to make than desired (brown rice especially).
There are easy ways to change it up and a favorite recipe I’ve created is Instant Pot Coconut Lime Jasmine Rice!
When I was growing up I think there was only white rice. Not versions of white rice or brown rice, just ‘rice’.
Now there are main choices of rice.
When I went to our neighborhood grocery store to pick up some jasmine rice I marveled and the lengthy aisle full of rice choices: Jasmine, Basmati, Long Grain White Rice, Short Grain White Rice, Brown Rice, Wild Rice, and a series of hybrids. I could fill this blog post with all the options.
What goes along with these choices are specifics on cooking times and practices.
For years I’ve used a rice cooker.
It’s been a device I’ve loved because after adding the rice and water I don’t have to think about it until a cheery tune plays at the end signaling it’s ready. I select the rice type, doneness preference and that’s it!
I’ve wondered if the Instant Pot would provide an easy option to make equally perfect rice without me having to pay attention (a quality about cooking I love on busy nights). This Instant Pot Coconut Lime Jasmine Rice absolutely turned out beautifully!
What is Jasmine Rice?
Jasmine rice is a long grain white rice that has a slightly floral scent when cooked, is fluffy and slightly sticky.
It’s often paired with Asian recipes and is one of the fastest rice types to cook in the Instant Pot.
Each rice variety requires a different liquid to rice ratio for the Instant Pot.
Jasmine is easy to remember as it cooks with an equal volume of water or liquids.
Coconut Lime Jasmine Rice for the Instant Pot
I wanted to change it up a bit and instead of adding water I used:
- canned coconut milk
- chicken stock
- lime zest
It develops a creamier flavor of light coconut and lime without being overpowering and a delicate light green tint.
Jasmine rice only requires 4 minutes cooking time (on high pressure) with a 10 minute slow release.
Once complete it should be fluffed with a spatula or the spoon that comes with the Instant Pot and removed from the Instant Pot.
What to Serve With It
- It’s fantastic to pair with any protein (chicken, salmon, steak, pork)
- Great with Instant Pot Mango Chicken
- in Bowl recipes too like thisThai Chicken Thigh Basil-Quinoa Bowl (swap it for the quinoa).
Leftovers chill well in a sealed container to be reheated for additional meals.
5 MIND-BLOWING INSTANT POT TIPS YOU NEED!
I’ve uncovered some unexpected, useful tips you’ll want to know.
Sign-Up below and I’ll tell you all my Instant Pot secrets!
No Instant Pot? No worries! Here is a conventional recipe for Coconut Rice!
More Instant Pot Recipes You’ll Love
Instant Pot Coconut Lime Rice Recipe
- Place the rinsed rice in the insert of the Instant Pot. Pour the coconut milk into a 4 cup liquid measuring cup then pour in chicken stock to equal a total volume of 3 cups*. Pour the liquid in with the rice along with the lime zest, stir to combine.
- Seal the lid, move the pressure vent to SEALING, set the Instant Pot to MANUAL, HIGH PRESSURE and using the ‘+/-‘ buttons set 4 minutes cooking time.
- When the cooking time is complete, allow a SLOW REALEASE for 10 minutes. After 10 minutes release the remaining pressure. Fluff the rice with the plastic spoon that came with the Instant Pot (or a spatula) and remove from the Instant Pot insert to serve. Garnish with thin lime slices if desired.