Mini Corn Dog Muffins are a fast and easy way enjoy everything you love about corn dogs in baked mini form. Great for appetizers and potlucks. Grab a few for a fun main dish too!
Corn dogs are a delicious sweet-meets-salty dish usually bought at a carnival or summer fair.
Hot dogs dipped in sweet cornbread batter and deep fried to a crispy outside. All served on a stick!
These Mini Corn Dog Muffins can be made at home in a flash. SO easy and with all the delicious flavors.
Dip them in ketchup, mustard or eating them plain.
They are delicious for all ages any way you serve them.
Easy Mini Corn Dogs
No deep frying. No messy dipping of hot dogs in batter.
EVERYTHING you love about a corn dog in one mini 3 bite form.
They can be make regular or gluten-free depending on the flour used!
- All-purpose flour (regular or gluten-free measure-for-measure flour blend)
- Yellow Corn Meal
- Baking Powder
- Vegetable oil
- Hot dogs
What Type of Hot Dogs to Use?
Hot dogs are made with every possible type of meat these days: beef, pork, chicken, turkey or a blend of meats.
Always read the labels if you are looking for great ingredients.
I personally prefer all beef hot dogs for the flavor but any hot dogs can be used for this recipe.
They should be regular length (not foot long hot dogs).
For more info refer to our Ultimate Hot Dog Guide.
Regular or Gluten-Free
This recipe has been tested both with regular all purpose flour and gluten-free measure-for-measure flour blend.
The results were great with either flour.
How to Make Mini Corn Dog Muffins – Step-by-Step
STEP 1: Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Prepare a 24-cup mini muffin pan with nonstick cooking spray (unless it is already a non-stick finish pan).
This is the pan I use and do not need to spray it. The muffins come out perfectly every time.
STEP 2: In a large bowl, whisk together the flour, corn meal, salt, and baking powder (photo 1).
STEP 3: In a separate bowl, whisk together the milk, honey, vegetable oil and egg (photo 2).
STEP 4: Add the milk mixture to the flour mixture and stir until combined (photo 3).
STEP 5: Spoon the corn bread batter into the prepared muffin pan (photo 4).
STEP 6: Place a piece of hot dog into each muffin, pushing it down into the batter (photo 5).
STEP 7: Bake for 20 minutes, until the edges of the muffins are golden brown (photo 6).
STEP 8: Allow to rest in the pan for 5 minutes before serving.
Serve them On a Stick!
A fun idea for a party or Fourth of July is to serve them on a stick.
Fun paper straws can easily be cut to desired lengths to insert into the hot dog portion of the muffins.
These patriotic straws would be great for July 4th!
Storing Leftovers and Reheating
These muffins are best served the day they are made.
However you can store any leftover in an air tight container (plastic bag not recommended to keep the muffins intact).
Microwave for 15 seconds or as needed just to warm before eating.
Make it a Meal!
More Recipes You’ll Love!
Mini Corn Dog Muffins
- 1 ¼ cups All-Purpose Flour regular or gluten-free measure-for-measure flour blend
- ¾ cup Yellow Corn Meal fine grind
- ½ teaspoon Salt
- 2 teaspoons Baking powder
- 1 cup Milk
- ¼ cup Honey
- ¼ cup Vegetable oil
- 1 Egg lightly beaten
- 6 Hot Dogs regular length, cut into quarters
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Spray a 24-cup mini muffin pan with nonstick cooking spray (if not already a non-stick surface).
- In a large bowl, whisk together the flour, yellow corn meal, salt, and baking powder.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together the milk, honey, vegetable oil and egg.
- Add the milk mixture to the flour mixture and stir until combined.
- Spoon the corn bread batter evenly into the prepared muffin pan. NOTE: the batter will come up just below the rim of the muffin cavities.
- Place a piece of hot dog into the middle of each muffin, pushing the hot dogs down into the batter.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 20 minutes, until the edges of the muffins are golden brown.
- Allow to rest in the pan for 5 minutes before serving.