Salted Caramel is that ooey gooey treat you want to slather on everything. It’s buttery, sweet with a hint of saltiness that makes it irresistible!
Homemade Salted Caramel sauce is the most luscious amber colored sweet sauce ever!
It’s an easy recipe to make and does not require a candy thermometer.
You’ll want to keep a supply on hand to use it whenever the mood strikes.
Great for gifts too!
What is Salted Caramel?
It’s a thick sauce with a buttery, caramel flavor and a hint of salt.
The saltiness enhances the caramel flavor in the most delicious way.
It’s very easy to make and and will become your favorite sauce on so many things!
Salted Caramel Ingredients
All the ingredients are easy to find at grocery stores.
- Granulated sugar
- Brown sugar
- Heavy cream
- Course sea salt
How to Make Salted Caramel – Step-by-Step
STEP 1: Melt butter in a medium saucepan over medium heat (photo 1).
STEP 2: Add the sugars. Stir constantly until the mixture comes to a boil (photo 2).
STEP 3: Slowly add the cream, stirring constantly (photo 3). Reduce to a simmer for 3 minutes; stir occasionally.
STEP 4: Remove from heat and stir in the sea salt.
Allow the caramel sauce to fully cool before using (photo 4).
How to Store Salted Caramel
When the sauce has cooled store in a jar with lid secured in the refrigerator. It can be stored for up to 10 days.
The sauce will thicken when refrigerated. Warm before using after it has chilled.
Freezing Salted Caramel
Store in an airtight container (not in a glass jar) for up to 2 months.
Thaw in the refrigerator and use within 4 days.
Suggestions to Use It
- Jelly Jar Chocolate Turtle Brownies
- Pumpkin Spice Buttermilk Bundt Cake
- Pumpkin Cinnamon Ripple Ice Cream Pie
- Banana Cupcakes
- Instant Pot Caramel Pecan Pumpkin Cheesecake
More Recipes to Try
Salted Caramel Sauce
Salted Caramel sauce is a buttery sweet sauce perfect for drizzling on cakes, pies or ice cream. It's fast and easy to make.
- 4 tablespoons Butter
- ¼ cup Granulated sugar
- ¼ cup Brown sugar packed
- ½ cup Heavy Cream
- ½ teaspoon Course Sea Salt
- In a medium saucepan over medium heat, melt the butter.
- Once the butter is melted, add in the granulated and brown sugar. Stir constantly until the mixture comes to a boil.
- Slowly add in the heavy cream while stirring constantly. Reduce to a simmer for about 3 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Remove from heat and add in sea salt.
- Allow the caramel to cool before using.
This Salted Caramel sauce recipe is a great recipe to make on repeat!