Witch Hat Cookies are an EASY Halloween cookie recipe that delivers on the fun factor! Perfect for a Halloween party and no baking is required!
As far as Halloween cookie recipes go, they don’t come easier than this easy recipe. All you need is a few minutes for assembly. No cookie dough, no stand mixer, no waiting around required.
These adorable Witch Hats are as fun as baked cookies and kids can help with assembly too. Set them out with other Halloween treats and Halloween appetizers and little monsters and ghosts will be so excited!
And so will you because they are so easy to make.
Easy Halloween Cookie recipe
This no bake cookie is truly an assembly recipe only. Combining prepared ingredients in a new way to create spooky cookies for some Halloween fun!
These adorable cookies will be a star of Halloween parties with just a few simple ingredients easily found at the grocery store .
It’s a great recipe to pull off a Happy Halloween surprise with very little effort.
Recipe Ingredients + Notes
Fudge Covered Oreos. These are regular Oreo sandwich cookies coated with chocolate and they come this way.
Hershey’s Kisses. Traditional Hershey’s kisses. You’ll use them unwrapped.
Orange frosting. This is used to attach the top of the hat (kiss) and for decoration. We used Pillsbury Funfetti Orange All Star Vanilla frosting. Vanilla frosting can be dyed orange with food coloring too.
You could use green, purple or black icing too.
How to make homemade Chocolate Covered Oreos
It’s also possible to chocolate coat Oreos at home. This is great if you can’t find Fudge Covered Oreo cookies or if you need a gluten-free version (Oreos makes a gluten-free version but not a fudge coated one).
Homemade chocolate dipped cookies just need sandwich cookies (Oreos or another brand) and candy melts.
How to do it:
- Follow the instructions on the package of candy melts (we recommend Ghirardelli brand for great authentic chocolate flavor, excellent melting and hardening results).
- Fit a rimmed baking sheets with parchment paper.
- Place a cookie on a dining fork, dunk it into the melted chocolate to fully coat it. You can roll the cookie in the chocolate and pick it up with the fork underneath.
- Allow excess chocolate to drip back into the bowl. Lightly tap the fork to release any remaining chocolate.
- Place individual cookies on the prepared baking sheet.
- Allow to sit until the chocolate hardens.
- Using a fork lower a cookie into the melted chocolate candy.
How to Make Witch Hat Cookies
STEP 1. Pipe the frosting
Fill a piping bag fit with any type of plain or round piping tips (or freezer plastic bag with the tip cut off with orange frosting.
Pipe a dollop of frosting in the center of the cookie (photo 2).
STEP 2. Assemble
Press the Hershey’s kiss into the frosting (photo 3).
Sprinkle some of the orange and black sprinkles on top of the exposed frosting for decoration (photo 4).
Place on a cooling rack (wire rack) or baking sheet to set.
Avoid melting the chocolate. When working with Hershey’s kisses or chocolate covered cookies avoid over touching them OR run hands under cold water first. This will keep the heat from your fingers from leaving marks on the chocolate.
You can use chocolate handling gloves too but that’s probably not necessary.
How to Store
Place in an airtight container lined with parchment paper.
Place in a single row, seal and keep at room temperature or refrigerator. If in the refrigerator be sure the container if fully sealed.
Moisture can negatively effect the cookie coating.
More recipes you’ll love!
Witch Hat Halloween Cookies
- 12 Fudge covered Oreo cookies
- 12 Hershey's chocolate kisses unwrapped
- orange colored frosting we used Pillsbury Funfetti Orange Vanilla frosting
- orange and black sprinkles
- Fill a piping bag fit with a round tip or zip-top plastic freezer bag with a corner cut off with orange frosting.
- Pipe a dollop of frosting in the center of on each fudge covered Oreo.
- Press the Hershey’s Kiss into the frosting leaving some underneath the kiss.
- Sprinkle the orange and black sprinkles on top of the exposed icing to decorate.