Salted Caramel Brulee Latte is full of silky caramel flavor, espresso, piled high with whipped cream. This coffee house drink is easy to make at home and you don’t need to wait for Starbuck’s holiday menu to enjoy it!
There is nothing like a good strong cup of coffee to start the day but sometimes you just want something special.
Caramel lovers will this salted caramel latte and how easy it is to make at home.
Starbucks Copycat Caramel Brulee Latte
If you are a Starbucks specialty coffee lover, you’ll love making this version at home.
Starbucks Caramel Brûlée Latte typically is part of the winter or holiday menu showing up between November and January.
The Starbucks Secret Menu site even has their recipe!
This knock off recipe let’s you make a similar drink at home with loads of flexibility to make it to your liking and preferences.
What is a Caramel Brulee Latte?
The word brulee is French meaning burnt or scorched. It’s referring to the hardened sugar topping you’d find on Creme Brulee.
The latte has caramel flavoring (Starbucks calls it brulee sauce) AND small shards of broken salted sugar on the top, which is a brulee topping.
We’ve simplified things with this recipe. Instead of baking the sugar and sea salt for a topping we’ve used salted caramel.
This gives the salty and sweet flavors and makes the coffee drink easier and faster to make.
Recipe Ingredients + Notes
Milk. I used dairy milk when making the recipe but any any milk can be used. Use any fat dairy milk, nut milk, coconut milk, oat milk. Each will change the flavor of the latte slightly but use what you love.
Salted Caramel Sauce. I love homemade salted caramel sauce but store bought caramel sauce works great too. If you prefer regular caramel sauce over salted caramel, make that swap.
Also you can use a caramel syrup like Torani caramel syrup or the type of caramel sauce you’d put on ice cream. Save some to drizzle on the top too!
Vanilla Extract. Will be used to add flavor both to the lattes and the whipped cream for the topping.
Espresso or strong coffee. Either use 4 shots of espresso (two per latte) or one half cup of strong brewed coffee.
Heavy whipping cream. Used for the homemade whipped topping.
Sugar. Either granulated sugar or confectioner’s (powdered) sugar can be used. It will sweeten the whipped cream for the topping.
Just like ordering from Starbucks this drink is really easy to change up in any way you want it to.
Make it sugar free. Use sugar free caramel sauce and prepared sugar free whipped topping.
Make it vegan. Use a store bought or homemade vegan caramel sauce and a preferred vegan milk.
Make it low fat or low calorie. Pick a low fat caramel sauce, non fat dairy milk or a lower calorie nut milk like almond milk. Use prepared low fat whipped topping.
Use less milk. Between the milk in the latte and the whipped topping there is alot of milk. If you prefer less, reduce the amount you heat to mix with the coffee.
More Recipes You’ll Love!
Salted Caramel Brulee Latte
Salted Caramel Latte
- 2 1/2 cups Milk
- 1/4 cup Salted Caramel Sauce homemade or store bought (plus more for drizzling on top)
- 1/2 teaspoon Vanilla Extract
- 4 shots Espresso or 1/2 cup strong brewed coffee
- 1 cup Heavy Whipping Cream
- 2 tablespoons Sugar granulated or confectioner's (powdered) sugar
- 1 teaspoon Vanilla Extract
Making the Lattes
- In a saucepan over medium heat warm the milk until it's hot, stirring to prevent burning. Whisk to make it slightly frothy.
- Once the milk is hot, stir in the caramel sauce and whisk to dissolve. Remove from heat and stir in the vanilla extract.
- Add the espresso shots/coffee to two mugs and pour the caramel milk mixture on top OR stir the espresso/coffee directly into the milk mixture.
Making the Whipping Cream
- Combine the cold whipping cream, sugar and vanilla. Beat with a mixer to soft peaks. Spoon on top of the lattes. Drizzle on extra caramel sauce if desired.