Iced Pumpkin Spice Latte is a perfect way to enjoy a favorite fall coffee drink even if it’s still hot outside! So easy to make at home and brimming with delicious fall flavors. Enjoy with some pumpkin cookies!
Enjoying the flavors of an Iced Pumpkin Spice Latte doesn’t require going to a coffee shop.
It’s easy to make at home if you have a blender!
It’s a delicious and filling drink that screams ‘fall’.
This Iced Pumpkin Spice Latte recipe will become your go to fall drink! If you are a tea lover try making tea lattes too.
Recipe Ingredients + Notes
Pumpkin Puree – store bought or homemade pumpkin puree can be used. Or try some Pumpkin Butter for the sweet taste of fall. If substituting omit the spices and the condensed milk in the recipe as well as the pumpkin puree. For a stronger pumpkin flavor use 1/2 cup pumpkin puree.
Pumpkin Pie Spice – this is the perfect blend of favorite fall spices.
Cinnamon – extra cinnamon give this pumpkin spice latte its signature flavor.
Sweetened Condensed Milk – creamy sweetened condensed milk is the perfect way to sweeten the latte with no gritty sugar to dissolve. It blends right into the other ingredients. Use regular or fat-free based on your preference.
Regular Milk – any milk can be used. Whole Milk is recommended for the higher fat content but choose what you love: lower fat dairy milk, oat milk, almond milk.
Espresso Powder – using espresso powder dissolves easily with the other ingredients. It also doesn’t require an espresso maker. If you prefer to substitute freshly made espresso, just chill it before adding.
Ice – ice crushed with the other ingredients gives the iced latte a creamy consistency.
Substitute strong brewed coffee for the espresso. Be sure to chill it first (using prepared cold brew is great for this).
Serve over ice instead of blending. You can blend all the ingredients except the ice and serve the pumpkin latte in a glass of ice and top with whipped cream!
For a lower-fat version: substitute skim milk for whole milk and use a fat-free version of sweetened condensed milk.
What Type of Blender do I need?
Any blender will work provided it’s powerful enough to crush ice (they all should be).
I used a Vitamix S30 S-Series professional personal blender I was provided to test (seen in the photos).
Personal blenders are great because you can drink out of the canister (great for smoothies). They convert into cups. But any blender will work!
How to Make it – Step-by-Step
STEP 1: Add the following to the blender in order: ice, pumpkin puree and 1/4 cup milk (photo 1).
STEP 2: Stir together the pumpkin pie spice, cinnamon, espresso powder, condensed milk and the remaining milk. Pour into the blender (photos 2-3).
STEP 3: Blend to desired consistency (photo 4). Serve as is or topped with whipped cream on top!
More Drink Recipes You’ll Love!
- How to Make Iced Coffee Soda
- How to Make Cold Brew Coffee
- Green Smoothies Guide
- Americano Coffee
- Chai Lattes
Iced Pumpkin Latte
- 1/2 cup Ice Cubes
- 1/4-1/2 cup Pumpkin Puree (for a stronger pumpkin flavor use 1/2 cup)
- 1/2 cup Whole Milk
- 3/4 teaspoon Pumpkin Pie Spice
- 1/4 teaspoon Ground Cinnamon
- 1 1/2 teaspoons Instant Espresso Powder
- 1/3 cup Sweetened Condensed Milk
Instructions if using a Personal-style Blender:
- Place ice, pumpkin, and 1/4 cup (60 ml) milk into a 20-ounce blender container in the order listed.
- Stir together the pumpkin pie spice, cinnamon, espresso powder, condensed milk, and remaining 1/4 cup (60 ml) milk. Pour mixture into the container and secure blade/top.
- Turn the container upside down and place into the blender base. Turn the dial to 1 and slowly increase speed to 10.
- Blend for 30 to 35 seconds or until desired consistency is reached.
Instructions if using a traditional blender:
- Place ice, pumpkin, and 1/4 cup milk into the blender container.
- Stir together the pumpkin pie spice, cinnamon, espresso powder, condensed milk, and remaining 1/4 cup milk. Pour mixture into the blender container.
- Place the lid onto the blender container. Blend to desired consistency.
- For a lower-fat version: substitute skim milk for whole milk and use a fat-free version of sweetened condensed milk.
- Strongly brewed coffee or espresso can be used instead of powdered espresso. Cool before adding to the other ingredients.
- Swap pumpkin butter for pumpkin puree. Do not add the spices or condensed milk if using pumpkin butter.
Originally published: September 23, 2014