Rich, cheesy Spinach Artichoke Dip is ready in a flash when cooked in the Instant Pot! This hot dip recipe is full of cream cheese, sour cream, artichoke hearts, spinach and more. It’s the dip no one can get enough of!
This Spinach and Artichoke Dip recipe folds in spinach and loads of cheese for party-perfect recipe.
If you love Hot Crab Dip this is another dip that has creamy, cheesy ingredients that you can’t stop eating!
It’s that dip people would rather eat than dinner!
Easy Spinach and Artichoke Dip
This recipe may be the easiest Instant Pot recipe ever.
All the ingredients (except the shredded cheese) are added to the Instant Pot.
The cook time is 4 minutes.
The shredded cheese is stirred in and voila, a rich, cheesy hot appetizer dip is ready.
There is very little preparation and it’s a perfect recipe for a crowd.
Instant Pot Spinach Artichoke Dip is always a favorite.
Recipe Ingredient Notes
Canned Artichokes. Choose quartered artichoke hearts in water. The artichokes will be drained before adding them to the Instant Pot.
Chopped Frozen Spinach. You’ll use a 10-ounce package of chopped spinach. It is added to the Instant Pot frozen right from the package! No thawing or other preparation required.
Cream Cheese. Be sure the cream cheese if softened before using. Full fat cream cheese is suggested.
Sour cream. We used regular (full fat) sour cream.
Mayonnaise. We used regular mayonnaise (not low fat).
Green onions (scallions). Sliced green onions will be added (1/4 cup). Approximately 3-4 scallions.
Broth or Stock. Chicken broth (or stock) or vegetable stock or broth can be used. Low Sodium stock is suggested since salt is added to the dip.
Seasonings. Onion powder, garlic powder, salt and ground black pepper. These spices give wonderful flavor to the dip.
Cheese. Shredded mozzarella cheese and Parmesan cheeses are used. Normally I would recommend grating the cheese yourself due to the non-caking agent added to prepared shredded cheese.
However in our recipe testing we found prepared shredded cheese melted well into the dip (and will save some preparation time).
How to Make it – Step-by-Step
How do you make Spinach Artichoke Dip from scratch? It’s so easy you’ll never buy it again!
STEP 1. Cook the Spinach Artichoke Dip.
Add all the ingredients except the cheese to the Instant Pot (photo 1).
Drained artichoke hearts, frozen spinach, cream cheese, sour cream, mayonnaise green onions, broth or stock, spices (onion powder, garlic powder, salt and pepper).
DO NOT STIR. Seal the lid and turn the steaming vent to seal.
Pressure cook on HIGH PRESSURE for 4 minutes. Perform a QUICK RELEASE and remove the lid.
STEP 2. Add the cheese.
Stir the dip. Add the shredded cheese and stir until it has melted fully into the dip (aproximately 2 minutes)(photos 2 and 3).
STEP 3. Serve!
Serve hot with slices of thin baguette, crackers, sliced vegetables and/or tortilla chips.
Change up the cheese. Mild cheddar or Monterey Jack cheese can be used instead of the mozzarella or Parmesan for a change of flavor.
Frequently Asked Questions
To lower the fat content consider swapping in lower fat cream cheese, sour cream and/or mayonnaise. NOTE: we have not tested this recipe with lower fat ingredients.
We recommend using frozen spinach. Fresh spinach would need to be wilted and any liquids rung out before adding to the Instant Pot.
Allow any leftover dip to cool slightly. Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 4-5 days.
How to reheat Spinach Artichoke Dip
Reheat over medium-low heat in a saucepan on the stove top or in the microwave (easiest method).
More Recipes You’ll Love!
- Instant Pot Artichokes
- Artichoke Dipping Sauce: 4 Easy Delicious Recipes
- A Complete Guide to Artichokes
- Queso Fundido – Spicy Mexican Cheese Appetizer Dip
- Party Dips: Great Recipes to Make Any Occasion a Party!
Instant Pot Spinach Artichoke Dip
- 14 ounce can quartered artichoke hearts (in water) drained
- 10 ounce package chopped frozen spinach
- 1 8-ounce package cream cheese softened
- ½ cup sour cream
- ¼ cup mayonnaise
- ¼ cup sliced green onions
- ½ cup chicken or vegetable broth
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- ½ teaspoon kosher salt
- ½ teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon chili pepper flakes
- 2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1 cup shredded parmesan cheese
- Add all ingredients, except for the shredded cheese, to the Instant Pot.
- Seal the lid and select manual high pressure for 4 minutes.
- Once the artichoke spinach dip has finished cooking, do a QUICK RELEASE by turning the steam valve open.
- Remove the lid once all steam has released. stir in the shredded mozzarella and parmesan until melted and well combined.
- Serve immediately with your favorite chips, crackers or slices of baguette!