Chocolate Chip Pancakes are a perfect way to start a weekend day. These EASY baked pancakes are fast enough for weekdays too! They make breakfast feel special whenever you serve them.
These fluffly pancakes will become a favorite the first time you make them.
For those you serve because of the sweet surprise.
For you because they are SO easy to make.
Baked pancakes are great for a crowd, holiday or brunch when flipping pancakes individually on the griddle takes too long.
Meet your new favorite pancake recipe!
What are Baked Pancakes?
Baked pancakes are prepared in one batch and baked in the oven.
Unlike singular pancakes which are poured into a skillet or griddle and cooked on the stove top, the entire batch of pancakes are done at once!
They are fast to put together with a simple homemade pancake mix.
The end result is light, fluffy chocolate chip pancakes!
These chocolate chip pancakes use basic pantry ingredients.
This makes them easy to whip up with little notice or preparation!
- All-purpose flour (regular or gluten-free measure-for-measure flour blend)
- Baking powder
- Granulated Sugar
- Vegetable oil
- Chocolate chips
This recipe has been tested with each regular All-Purpose Flour and gluten-free measure-for-measure flour blend with great results!
Either type of flour can be used.
I recommend using mini chocolate chips for these baked pancakes.
Their size offers the perfect amount of chocolate in every bite.
However ANY chocolate chips can be used!
If you don’t have any on hand you can also chop up a chocolate bar and use that too!
Topping the Chocolate Chip Pancakes
As with regular pancakes, add your favorite topping. Use one or more of the following:
- Melted Butter
- Fruit Jam
- Whipped Cream (this option is my family’s favorite)
Change Up the Flavor!
Change the flavor of the chocolate chips OR add some flavored extract to the pancake batter to change them up.
Use the same amount of chocolate chips in the substitute flavor.
If adding extract use 1/2-1 teaspoon. For stronger extract flavors I recommend 1/2 teaspoon to start.
Here are some ideas:
Lemon extract with white chocolate chips
Orange extract with dark chocolate chips
Mint chocolate chips or chopped Andes mints instead of regular chocolate chips
How to Make Baked Chocolate Chip Pancakes – Step-by-Step
STEP 1: Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Line a 9×13 rimmed baking sheet (a quarter sheet pan) with parchment paper or foil. Lightly spray with non-stick cooking spray.
STEP 2: In a mixing bowl combine the flour, salt, baking powder and granulated sugar. Whisk together (photo 1).
STEP 3: Add the milk, vegetable oil and egg; stir to fully combine (photo 2). Do not overmix.
STEP 4: Spread the batter evenly in the prepared pan (photo 3) and sprinkle the chocolate chips on top (photo 4).
STEP 5: Bake for 25-30 minutes until the pancake springs back when touched and is starting to turn golden in color (photo 5). Remove from the oven and place on a cooling rack.
STEP 6: Allow to cool for 5 minutes in the pan. Cut into 12 squares and serve warm (photo 6).
Store any leftover pancakes in a sealed container in the refrigerator.
Reheat for a few seconds in the microwave.
More Breakfast Recipes You’ll Love
- Golden Oven-Baked Pancake Topped with Sauteed Peaches
- Blueberry Coffee Cake with Crumble Topping
- Overnight Breakfast Casserole
- Sweet Potato Toast
- Easy Shakshuka Recipe
- Apple Pancakes
Please SUBSCRIBE and FOLLOW ME on FACEBOOK , TWITTER , INSTAGRAM and PINTEREST !
Baked Chocolate Chip Pancakes
- 1 cup All-Purpose Flour (regular or gluten-free measure-for-measure flour blend)
- ½ teaspoon Salt
- 2 teaspoons Baking powder
- 2 tablespoons Granulated sugar
- 1 cup Milk
- 3 tablespoons Vegetable oil
- 1 large Egg
- ½ cup Chocolate Chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Line a 9x13 rimmed baking sheet with foil or parchment paper. Spray lightly with non-stick cooking spray. TIP: leave an overhang to easily lift the pancakes out of the pan once cooled and cut.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the flour, salt, baking powder, and sugar.
- Add the milk, vegetable oil, and egg and whisk until just combined. NOTE: there may be some lumps in the batter; as long as it is combined they will come out during baking.
- Spread the mixture evenly over the prepared baking sheet. Sprinkle the chocolate chips evenly over the top.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 25 to 30 minutes, until the pancake springs back when touched and is beginning to turn golden in color.
- Allow to cool in the pan for five minutes before cutting into squares and serving.
jill nunn says
ohhhh this is so much better than cooking them one at a time! My large family thanks you!
Krystel | Frugal Living says
Weird question, can you use pancake mix for this? So easy to make for the family
Toni Dash says
I think you could but I couldn’t tell you how much to use. This recipe is for a homemade pancake mix so maybe tuck it away to try when you are out of your pancake mix!
Ruth I says
We rarely eat breakfast before. But because of the lockdown and us being in the house 24/7, breakfast is a must now. We’ve been loving the pancake mix we bought but we do not have anymore. That is why I am excited to try this. I have all the ingredients and will be trying this tomorrow. Yum!
I love how simple this recipe is!! My kids love it, and it saves so much time!
Lyanna Soria says
Those chocolate chip pancakes look quite delicious! I’m sure the kids would love to try making this.