We’ve finally hit the summer temperature stride in Colorado after a roller coaster June leaving us alternating between fleece jackets, unfamiliar rain gear and shorts. Lucky for us, the now regular mid 90’s coincide with our early strawberry season.
The increase in temperatures also has prompted noted garden growth in the past 5 days; literally, you can see the difference. One of my rocked-in raised food beds has both peppermint and spearmint in it which are going like gangbusters. The abundance of both strawberry and mint inspired me to whip up this little thirst quenching spin on a traditional mojito. It’s light tasting, refreshing and speaks to the season.
STRAWBERRY KEY LIME MOJITOS
- 15 spearmint leaves
- 1 tablespoon extra fine sugar
- 2 large ripe strawberries
- Juice of 2-3 key limes*
- 2 ounces lemon rum I used Bacardi Limon
- 6 ounces club soda
- In a 16 ounce glass, muddle+ the sugar and mint leaves. When well combined, add the strawberries and lime juice to muddle further.
- Add the citrus rum and club soda. Stir, add ice and enjoy!