Cookie dough dip, what could be better?! Pumpkin Spice Cookie Dough Dip, that’s what! A 5-minute sweet treat recipe.
Originally published September 2016; updated November 2018
It’s a well-known secret that the favorite part of chocolate chip cookie making is sneaking a bite or two of dough. No more sneaking required with this fall version treat: Pumpkin Spice Cookie Dough Dip.
Whip it up in 5 minutes and this comfort food dip will become a new favorite.
It’s really a fun idea for a party, school event, gatherings or anytime a sweet treat would be welcome. It stores well in the refrigerator, sealed, so you can make it ahead of time.
What is Cookie Dough Dip?
Cookie dough dip takes the best flavors and textures of actual chocolate chip cookie dough and turns them into a mouthwatering dip. It’s a perfect fall-flavored dessert or sweet appetizer for entertaining.
The dip is a rich, creamy combination of flavors perked up by the addition of cream cheese! Tangy, sweet, chocolatey with the flavor of pumpkin spice.
What Ingredients are in Pumpkin Spice Cookie Dough Dip?
All the best cookie ingredients go into this rich, creamy dip. You probably have them all in your pantry now:
- Cream Cheese
- Granulated Sugar
- Light Brown Sugar
- Vanilla Extract
- Pumpkin Pie Spice
- Kosher Salt
- Semi-Sweet Chocolate Chips
Is Pumpkin Spice Cookie Dough Dip Safe to Eat?
YES, it is!
Normally it is NOT safe to eat raw cookie dough. There are two ingredients in raw cookie dough that should be avoided:
- Raw Eggs: which can cause salmonella
- Raw Flour: not as well-known, raw flour can contain bacteria which can cause E-coli issues
Pumpkin Spice Cookie Dough Dip does NOT contain either of these ingredients so is totally safe to eat.
What to Dip in Pumpkin Spice Cookie Dough Dip
Anything you’d love paired with cookie dough will work as a dipper with this dessert dip. Create an assortment platter to try! Some favorites include:
- Apple Slices
- Graham Crackers. Cinnamon Graham Crackers would be great too! Here is a gluten-free version.
- Firm pear slices
- Digestive Biscuits (a grainy, more mildly sweet British cookie); for those who are gluten-free, these gluten-free cookies taste just like them
- Vanilla Wafers (here is a gluten-free version)
- Pretzels for that sweet/salty combination (here are my fave gluten-free pretzels)
How to Make Pumpkin Spice Cookie Dough Dip – Step by Step:
This cookie dough dip really could not be eaiser. It’s a great recipe to whip up at a moment’s notice for a special occasion or company dropping by unexpected.
SEASONAL TIP: If you want to make it without the fall flavors, omit the Pumpkin Pie Spice and it’s perfect all year long!
- Combine the softened butter, cream cheese and the sugars and mix together with a standing or hand held mixer.
- Mix in the vanilla extract, kosher salt, pumpkin pie spice.
- Stir in the chocolate chips. Serve or seal and chill in the refrigerator until serving.
Pumpkin Spice Cookie Dough Dip
A cookie dough you will happily eat 'raw'! This fall-spiced chocolate chip dip is fantastic with fruit and cookies.
- 1 stick Unsalted Butter , softened
- 1 8- ounce package Cream Cheese , softened
- 1/3 cup Granulated Sugar
- 1/4 cup Light Brown Sugar
- 1 1/2 teaspoon Vanilla Extract
- 1/2 teaspoon Kosher Salt
- 1 1/2 teaspoon Pumpkin Pie Spice
- 1 1/2 cups Semi-Sweet Chocolate Chips
- Suggested 'dippers': apple slices , graham crackers, cookies
- Combine the butter, cream cheese and sugars in the bowl of a standing mixer (may also be done with a hand mixer) and cream together.
- Add the vanilla extract, salt and pumpkin pie spice and mix in. Mix in the chocolate chips. Serve or store sealed in the refrigerator.