Instant Pot Hearty Chicken Soup is an easy gluten-free recipe packed with wholesome ingredients and great flavors. Made with a pressure cooker, it’s a fast recipe that takes little effort. Perfect when feeling under the weather!
Homemade chicken soup is always soothing. Between the familiar aroma and the comforting taste, it warms any day. It is something I make whenever a family member is coming down with a cold.
How to make the Instant Pot Hearty Chicken Soup – Step by Step:
All recipe steps are done in the Instant Pot making clean up a breeze! Using the saute function, the onions, carrots, celery, jalapeno peppers and garlic are cooked for about 3 minutes. The remaining ingredients are added to the Instant Pot and cooked using the SOUP setting to develop wonderful flavors!
When done, the chicken is shredded with forks or using this trick and added back to the soup. Salt and pepper to taste and serve!
More soul-warming Soup Recipes You’ll Love:
- Peppery Sausage White Bean Kale Soup
- Skinny Chicken and Sweet Potato Noodle Soup
- Slow Cooker Lemon-Ginger Sipping Broth
If you’ve tried this Instant Pot Hearty Chicken Soup or any other recipe on BoulderLocavore.com please don’t forget to rate the recipe and let me know where you found it in the comments below, I love hearing from you! You can also FOLLOW ME FACEBOOK, TWITTER, INSTAGRAM and PINTEREST to see more delicious food and what I’m up to!
Instant Pot Hearty Chicken Soup
Making Instant Pot Hearty Chicken Soup with a few tricks makes it effortless. Freeze any excess in a freezer-safe container leaving an inch at the top for expansion when frozen.
- 1 tablespoons Olive Oil
- 2 medium Carrots , peeled and chopped or sliced
- 2 medium Celery Stalks , trimmed, scrubbed and chopped or sliced (include some celery leaves too)
- 1 medium Yellow Onion , peeled and chopped
- 5 Garlic Cloves , peeled and diced
- 1 Jalapeno Chile Pepper , seeded and sliced
- Kosher Salt and freshly ground Black Pepper , to taste
- 1 tablespoon peeled and diced Ginger Root
- 2 quarts Chicken Stock (regular or low sodium, or a mix)
- 1 cup Water
- 2 tablespoons Apple Cider Vinegar
- 1 pound Boneless Skinless Chicken Breasts
- 6 qt Instant Pot
Select SAUTE on the Instant Pot and add the olive oil. When the oil has heated add the carrots, celery, onions, garlic, jalapeno and ginger. Saute until the onions begin to turn translucent (about 3 minutes).
- Add the chicken stock, water, apple cider vinegar and chicken breasts. Close/secure the lid, set release valve to SEALING and select the SOUP setting. When the soup cycle is done, release the pressure and remove the chicken breasts with tongs. Use this quick trick to shred the chicken in 30 seconds with no mess or by pulling apart the chicken with forks. Add the shredded chicken back to the soup, salt and pepper to taste and serve.
Calories from Fat 36