Raspberry Mocha French Vanilla Overnight Oats are packed with flavor, easy to prepare and ready first thing to start the day off right!
Breakfast is always a challenge in my house on a busy weekday. No one, including me, wants to get up early enough to make a hot breakfast.
However, my high school son has a hearty appetite and burns loads of brain calories a day.
My family taste tests most of the recipes I develop, and I’ll confess when I get requests for a remake because they love it so much, it’s heartwarming.
Raspberry Mocha French Vanilla Overnight Oats is one of those ‘knocked it out of the park’ breakfast recipe successes that is on repeat in my kitchen.
My family can self-serve so when I’m running late no one is waiting for me to get breakfast on the table the next morning.
What Are Overnight Oats?
Overnight oats are a bit of a craze. But I totally get it.
Whole oats are soaked in delicious liquids overnight, soft in time for breakfast with beautifully blended flavors. No cooking required!
This Raspberry Mocha French Vanilla Overnight Oats recipe includes plump, ripe raspberries and mini chocolate chips too; what’s not to love?!
The recipe may be made with regular creamer or dairy-free creamer for equally delicious results!
How Long Does it Take to Make Overnight Oats?
It takes about 5 minutes to put together this delicious overnight oats recipe!
Ingredients in these Overnight Oats
There are just a few simple ingredients that combine for drop-dead flavor goodness:
- fresh Raspberries
- Rolled Oats
- Mini Chocolate Chips
- French Vanilla Creamer
- prepared Coffee
An optional drizzle of chocolate syrup is always a choice too!
Don’t Use Instant Oats!
Be sure to use Rolled Oats when making overnight oats for the desired texture and end result.
Instant Oats will not behave in the same way when being soaked overnight.
A TIP to Increase the Protein in These Overnight Oats
I’m a stickler for protein for breakfast so I sprinkle some chia seeds and/or hemp seeds on top.
They don’t have much flavor, add some nice texture to the overnight oats and pack a wallop of protein. Easy peasy.
The Difference Between French Vanilla and regular Vanilla
In flavor terms, French Vanilla has a deeper more caramelized flavor than regular vanilla.
Ironically the root of the French Vanilla flavor is not where the vanilla is grown. It has to do with the way French Vanilla ice cream is made versus regular vanilla ice cream.
French vanilla is made with a custard base where regular vanilla is not.
Make Overnight Oats with Dairy OR Dairy-Free
I originally made this recipe dairy-free. I used dairy-free French Vanilla creamer (So Delicious Coconut Milk French Vanilla Creamer) and dairy-free chocolate chips.
We love it and I still make it that way even though we are not ‘dairy-free’ as a norm.
You CAN use dairy French Vanilla milk or creamer, or a vanilla nut milk creamer or milk. Also regular mini chocolate chips may be used.
How to Make Gluten-Free Overnight Oats
To make these overnight oats gluten-free, be sure to use rolled oats marked as gluten-free.
Do not use instant oats.
Make them with Caffeine or Caffeine-Free
The recipe calls for some coffee to create the mocha flavor with the chocolate chips.
Regular coffee or decaffeinated coffee may be used!
How to make these Overnight Oats – Step-by-Step:
It’s easy to make these overnight oats for one serving or a batch.
- Line the bottom of a one cup or larger jar with fresh raspberries.
- Combine the rolled oats and mini chocolate chips in a small mixing bowl.
- Combine the creamer and coffee and pour into the bowl, then stirred to combine.
- Spoon the oat mixture into the jar over the raspberries.
- Seal the jars and allow to sit in the refrigerator for at least 5 hours.
- When serving, add more raspberries, a bit of chocolate syrup and hemp seeds (if desired) on top!
I love using these Weck tulip canning jars; they make the recipe feel that much more special!
Time Saving Tip: when in a time pinch I have combined the oats and chocolate chips in the jar, mixing them with my hands. And pour the combined creamer and coffee into the jar directly.
More Breakfast Recipes You’ll Love:
- Peach Pie Overnight Oats
- Instant Pot Gingerbread Steel Cut Oats Recipe
- Instant Pot Pina Colada Steel Cut Oats recipe
If you’ve tried these Raspberry Mocha French Vanilla Overnight Oats please don’t forget to RATE THE RECIPE below!
FOLLOW ME FACEBOOK, TWITTER, INSTAGRAM and PINTEREST to see more delicious food and what I’m up to!
Raspberry Mocha French Vanilla Overnight Oats
- 6 large Raspberries plus more for topping
- 1/2 cup Rolled Oats (gluten-free or regular; do not use Instant Oats)
- 1/4 cup Mini Chocolate Chips regular or dairy-free
- 1/2 cup French Vanilla Creamer I use So Delicious Coconutmilk French Vanilla Creamer
- 1/4 cup prepared Coffee (NOTE: if using dairy chocolate chips, the coffee must be cool)
- Optional: 1/4 cup chocolate syrup, 1 teaspoon hemp hulls
- 1 cup (or larger) jar with lid
- Line the bottom of a 1-cup or larger jar with the raspberries.
- In a medium mixing bowl combine the oats and chocolate chips. Combine the creamer and coffee; and pour into the oats. Stir. NOTE: if using regular (dairy) chocolate chips, the coffe should be cool to not melt the chocolate chips.
- Spoon the oat mixture into the jar on top of the raspberries. Seal and chill at least 5 hours in the refridgerator.
- Add more raspberries, chocolate syrup (dairy-free or regular) and hemp hulls (if desired) when serving.
Originally published: February 6, 2018
Overnight oats are great! The combination of ingredients sound delicious, especially adding the chocolate chips 🙂
I just love trying new recipes for breakfast instead of having the same boring thing. Those raspberries are such a great addition! Love it!
Julie Blanner says
I love overnight oats! The mocha french vanilla is a great twist!
I’ve been looking for a good healthy breakfast! This sounds perfect!
Love these flavors! Such a great breakfast idea!
Ive never made overnight oats before! Looks really good!
I love love love overnight oats so much. They make y mornings go so much easier. Thanks for sharing this recipe! I can’t wait to try it!
Cathi Crismon says
I love recipes that are easy, healthy, pretty and delicious! This one is a winner!!
Claudia Krusch says
I’ve never made overnight oats, but can’t wait to try it! It looks amazing!
Lisa Joy Thompson says
I really need to try this recipe! This would be a quick and easy breakfast to grab on mornings when we’re rushed!