DIY Chile-Infused Honey
- 1 cup Honey
- 5 dried New Mexican red chilies (another small chile variety may be substituted to your taste)
- Half pint jar and lid
- Place dried chilies in the bottom of the glass jar.
- In a saucepan over very low heat warm the honey. Note: If you are using raw honey as I did it will solidify over time so either dig some out and warm, or place the open jar in a saucepan of water and bring to a low boil until the honey melts in the jar.
- When is liquefied and hot, pour into the jar over the chilies.
- Allow it to cool fully before sealing with a lid. Let it sit for a few days before using. It may be stored at room temperature indefinitely.