Home mixologists and DIY gifters all love this Spiced Apple Vodka recipe. It’s easy to make with wonderful apple and spice flavors perfect for craft cocktails and gift giving. Printable gift tags included.
If you’ve never made a home liquor infusion you’ll love this apple vodka infusion. It’s full of bright apple flavor layered with delicious spices. It can be used in simple cocktails like a vodka tonic or add it where you’d use regular vodka for some fall flavors.
It makes a great gift and just takes 5 days to infuse. Spiced Apple Vodka is a wonderful way to customize cocktails for gatherings, Thanksgiving and for gifts.
After making Apple Infused Vodka the first time we were hooked on infusing. It’s such a fast, easy way to get unique flavored vodkas for cocktails. Spiced Pear Infused Vodka is something we make every fall and this Spiced Apple Vodka too. They are delicious to make Thanksgiving cocktails special and to sip all fall.
What is infused vodka?
It’s vodka that has soaked with certain flavor ingredients and then tastes like those ingredients. The process is simple and doesn’t require more than a jar and the ingredients.
- Add different flavor ingredients such as fruit, vegetables, herbs or spices with vodka
- Let them soak until the desired flavor is achieved (usually a few days to a week)
- Strain the ingredients
Voila! You have a custom crafted infused vodka that tastes like the flavor ingredients.
It’s a great way to get your own flavor vodka. And it’s an easy and affordable way to create special flavored vodkas.
Why you’ll love this recipe
- It’s easy
- It’s fast
- It’s delicious
- It can be customized to your favorite spices
- More affordable than buying it at the store
- It’s unique
- A great fall twist for apple vodka cocktails
The recipe is simple to make and infuses for 5 days in a cool dark place. The yield is a smidge less than 4 cups and it can be doubled keeping the ingredient proportions the same. It would be a perfect gift or stocking stuffer and I’m including free printable gift tags if you find yourself so inclined! Simply print a sheet out using cardstock in your printer and cut them out.
Infused Vodka Basics
- Start with a clean glass jar with lid. Wash it before starting.
- Let the infusion ingredients sit in a sealed glass container at room temperature in a dark cool place.
- Allow the mixture to sit between 3-7 days until the desired flavor is achieved.
- Give the container a good shake or swirl daily.
- After the infusion is done strain vodka and discard any solid fruits, vegetables, herbs or spices. Use a fine mesh strainer and cheesecloth or a clean coffee filer if infusing smaller spices. Strain until the vodka is not cloudy.
Recipe Ingredient Notes
Apples. You’ll need 3 apples. Use a variety with at least one being a granny smith apple. Honeycrisp apples would be great.
Spices. Cinnamon sticks, green cardamom pods, half a vanilla bean, allspice berries, dried orange peel, whole nutmeg will be used to add the ‘spiced’ part of the flavor.
Vodka. Use an unflavored vodka.
What is the best vodka for infusions?
Use a neutral or flavorless vodka. With liquor ‘you get what you pay for’ so using the cheapest vodka risks a less smooth flavor and it doesn’t drink as well (e.g. higher hangover opportunity; personal opinion). I tend to go for a mid range vodka that’s still affordable. Svedka is a brand I’ve used alot. It makes a great infusion and is affordable for a large bottle.
How to make Apple Vodka – Step-by-Step
STEP 1. Mix ingredients
Add all ingredients to a large (6 cups or more) jar with lid.
STEP 2. Infuse
Seal and place in a dark, cool location for 5 days. Swirl the jar once daily to mix ingredients.
STEP 3. Strain
Strain the infused vodka through a fine mesh sieve to remove and discard solids. Strain a second time through cheesecloth or a clean coffee filter to remove any smaller spice particles.
How much Spiced Apple Vodka does the recipe make?
A little less than 4 cups.
How to store
The infused apple vodka can be stored in a cool, dark place indefinitely. It can also be kept in the refrigerator if you’d prefer it to be cold (not necessary for preservation). The flavor is best at room temperature.
Spiced Apple Vodka Printable Gift Labels
Download a sheet of FREE printable Spiced Apple Vodka gift labels! It’s a great way to turn this easy liquor infusion recipe into a surprise holiday gift.
More recipes you’ll love!
Spiced Apple Vodka (infusion)
- 3 Apples (different varieties with one being Granny Smith); peeled, cored and chopped into large pieces
- 2 Cinnamon Sticks (3 ½ long)
- 5 Green Cardamom Pods
- ½ Vanilla Bean , slit vertically
- 10 Allspice Berries
- ¼ teaspoon Dried Orange Peel
- 1 Whole Nutmeg , shaved (grated on each side to expose the layer under the outer pod)
- 4 cups Vodka (unflavored)
- Printable Gift Tags
- Add all ingredients to a large (6 cups or more) jar with lid. Seal and place in a dark, cool location for 5 days. Swirl the jar once daily to mix ingredients.
- Strain the infused vodka through a sieve to remove the large ingredients. Strain a second time through cheesecloth or a clean coffee filter to remove any smaller spice particles.
Originally published: November 8, 2015