Rustic, homey, relaxed desserts are always a summer favorite especially using ripe fresh fruits. Add that to a small Mason jar and there is nothing more cozy-feeling. Fruit Crumble Jars feature fresh strawberries and peaches for an individual serving dessert everyone will love and that’s very easy to make!
The bounty of summer fruits always leaves me with a packed refrigerator and the drive to whip up relaxed, rustic Americana style desserts like cobblers and crumbles. They truly are a very easy dessert to make and I think their humble presentation is perfectly matched with summer and my hot weather lazy cooking style. Pair that with 1/2 pint Mason jars for individual servings and Fruit Crumble Jars will become your new favorite dessert.
If you haven’t made crumble before this is the start of a new love affair I feel sure! Any fruits may be combined for this sweet, cooked dessert with oat streusel topping. For this recipe I chose fresh peaches and strawberries. Peaches and strawberries are two of my favorite summer fruits and together they make a beautiful color combination as well.
In addition to loving the casual presentation of the Fruit Crumble Jars, they are portable. Each 1 cup serving may be sealed with a canning jar lid (either the ring with insert or a white lid designed for open canned Mason jars), refrigerated and toted along on picnics, cook outs, or family gatherings. I love the dessert served both warm out of the oven or cold; and a scoop of vanilla ice cream is always perfection on top!
If you are a strawberry lover you’ll want to try Strawberry Cake too!
Strawberry Peach Fruit Crumble in Jars
Ingredients for the Filling:
- 2 ripe Peaches , pitted and chopped
- 8 large Strawberries , stems removed and chopped
- Juice of 1 Lemon
- 2 tablespoons Flour gluten-free or regular all purpose flour
- 4 tablespoons Brown Sugar
Ingredients for the Crumb Topping:
- ½ cup Rolled Oats (not instant) , gluten-free or regular
- ½ cup Flour gluten-free or regular
- ½ cup Brown Sugar
- 6 tablespoons Melted Unsalted Butter
- ¼ teaspoon Salt
- ½ teaspoon Cardamom Powder
- 1/4 cup Pecans , chopped
- 4 wide-mouth half-pint Mason jars
- Cooking spray
- Cookie sheet
- Mixing bowls
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
- Spray insides of the jars with cooking spray (including the mouth of the jar to prohibit sticking during cooking). Place the jars on a cookie sheet.
- In a medium bowl, combine all of the ingredients for the filling. NOTE: once filling is combined, measure it to ensures it equals 3 1/2 cups; if not add more fruit until it does. Spoon the filling into the jars until they are almost full.
- In a separate bowl, combine all of the ingredients for the topping. Spoon it into the jars on the top of the fruit filling. Use all the topping (it's fine if they are over-stuffed).
- Bake on a cookie sheet for 30 minutes or until the filling is bubbly and the topping becomes golden brown.
I love the mason jars for presentation of individual servings. However these look so amazing I probably wouldn’t stop at one serving.