An Easy Salad Recipe is always appreciated. This fast recipe in red, white and blue is a summer staple and perfect for Fourth of July!
It’s always fun to a have special recipes for the holidays. Fourth of July is fun for the red, white and blue color scheme.
From breakfast to dessert, there are great options to serve up the colors proudly.
This easy salad recipe is perfect for July 4th or anytime for a refreshing healthy salad option.
Easy Salad Recipe in Red, White and Blue
This eye-catching easy salad recipe will be the hit of any table-scape.
It’s fun to make and serve up in a hollowed out half watermelon or in a decorative bowl.
Refreshing, sweet flavors complement any foods.
Eating salads is a summer staple and this recipe will be a favorite!
Easy Salad Recipe Ingredients
There are three main ingredients in this recipe:
- fresh Mozzarella Pearls
Mixed together they make a festive dish to the 4th of July celebrations.
What are Fresh Mozzarella Pearls?
Fresh mozzarella cheese is usually sold in a tub with liquid or sealed in a plastic pack.
The texture is soft and chewy unlike shredded mozzarella cheese.
The mozzarella cheese is sold in large, round forms about the size of a fist to smaller balls the diameter of a quarter.
Mozzarella Pearls are even smaller. Sold in a sealed pack with liquid they each are the size of a marble.
Their flavor is mild and not ‘cheesy’ making them a great choice to mix in with fruit as in this easy salad recipe.
Add a Dressing
When fruit is fresh and in season, the natural flavors and sweetness may be the only flavors needed.
If you want to add something extra, drizzle on a dressing to the easy salad recipe.
Fruit Salad Dressing recipes
Whether making the easy salad recipe a bit fancier, or to sweeten it up, adding a salad dressing perfect for fruit salad is a great choice!
- Included in the recipe is a Balsamic Glaze. It’s easy to make by boiling down balsamic vinegar which thickens and becomes sweeter.
- Poppyseed Dressing is a great choice since it’s sweet and stays with the color scheme. I love Brianne’s Poppyseed Dressing (it’s great on coleslaw mix too) or a simple homemade dressing recipe is a great option too.
- Vanilla Dressing adds a light, creamy flavor the complements the easy salad ingredients (and is white).
- A dollop of whipped topping is an easy choice to sweeten the salad up.
Easy Salad Recipe Variations
If there is an ingredient you cannot find or want to change, it’s easy to do!
There are many variations on this salad to still stick with the 4th of July recipe theme.
- Swap the Mozzarella Pearls for slices of carambola (star fruit). The whole fruit is edible so rinse it well and slice across the fruit for thin stars. Though not pure white, they are close enough and add a whimsical star shape perfect for Independence Day.
- Instead of making watermelon balls, the watermelon can be cut out with star-shaped cookie cutters.
Wondering about other fruit substitutions to stick with the red, white and blue theme? The blog post of Patriotic Fruits Salads shares a list of fruits in each color.
How to Make the Easy Salad Recipe – Step by Step
- Cut a mini seedless watermelon in half. Using a melon baller, scoop out the watermelon (photo 1) and place in a mixing bowl (photo 2).
- Add the blueberries and mozzarella pearls (photo 3). Mix well.
- Scrape out any remaining flesh of the watermelon (photo 4).
- Fill with salad and serve.
Optional: drizzle this simple salad with Balsamic Glaze and garnish with fresh basil sprigs for a fruit caprese salad!
More Red, White and Blue Recipes you’ll love
- Firecracker Punch: A Fruity Fizzy Punch with a Bang!
- Red, White and Blue Ice Cream
- American Flag Fruit Cookie Dessert Pizza
- Red White & Blue Sports Drink Rocket Popsicles