Hot Artichoke Dip is a creamy dip that’s a cinch to make. Perfect for gatherings and served with homemade Garlic Toast Rounds.
Updated November 2018
Creamy Hot Artichoke Dip has been in play in my family entertaining lineage for a few generations now.
A creamy, cheesy dip that’s tangy and warmly satisfying. I’ve updated it by adding homemade Garlic Toast Rounds that are easy to make; and something you’ll use for other dips I’m sure!
What is Creamy Hot Artichoke Dip?
This mouthwatering dip is a combination of several ingredients pureed together and baked to a creamy, scoopable consistency.
It’s a hot dip that adds sophistication and something unique to gatherings and parties.
Ingredients in Hot Artichoke Dip
Canned artichoke hearts are combined with:
- Sour Cream
- Cream Cheese
- Parmesan Cheese
- Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese
Some garlic, a bit of hot sauce and a sprinkle of paprika (regular or smoked) makes this dip a winner.
Garlic Toast Rounds
The dipping garlic toast rounds are simply sliced baguette brushed with homemade garlic butter.
They are broiled for a crusty exterior making them a sturdy dipping partner for the hot artichoke dip.
The underside is left un-broiled for a soft and chewy texture.
TIP: using a slender baguette creates perfectly sized toast rounds for dipping.
A Great Way to Make Homemade Garlic Bread
I also make homemade garlic bread this way! Use a larger baguette and make the garlic bread the same way.
Or instead of cutting baguettes into slices, slice a regular size baguette lengthwise, brush on the homemade garlic butter and broil until golden on the top.
Make it Gluten-Free or Regular
Being gluten-free I love the flexibility to make gluten-free garlic toast rounds.
Whether making them gluten-free or regular, select a slender baguette or French dinner rolls!
The instructions are the same for gluten-free or regular baguettes.
How to Make Creamy Hot Artichoke Dip – Step by Step:
Three simple steps is all it takes to create this hot tangy creamy party dip!
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Combine all ingredients (EXCEPT the Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese) in a food processor and process until creamy (photo 1).
- Spoon the dip into a small casserole, sprinkle with the Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese and paprika (photo 2).
- Bake for 20 minutes then set on a cooking rack.
How to Make Garlic Toast Rounds – Step by Step:
Crusty on the top and soft underneath make these garlic toast rounds irresisitble (and fast to make)!
- Melt the butter in a small saucepan and add the garlic. Allow to sit for 5 minutes.
- Place bread slices on a baking sheet and brush with the garlic butter.
- Broil for 30 seconds to 1 ½ minutes only until golden brown. Remove from oven.
If you’ve made this Hot Artichoke Dip recipe please RATE THE RECIPE below!
Originally published: January 18, 2013