Spicy Mustard Mint Mizuna salad with Tangerine-Balsamic Dressing
Ingredients for Mustard Mint Mizuna Salad:
- ¾ cup mustard greens , washed and torn
- 1 ½ cup mizuna , washed, torn with lower stems discarded
- ¼ cup mint , washed, leaves only (if using larger leaf mint, tear the leaves; if smaller can use leaves whole)
- ½ red Anjou pear , unpeeled, cored and cut in thin slices lengthwise
- 1/3 cup sliced carrot (preferably heirloom or mixed color varieties)
Ingredients for Tangerine-Balsamic Vinaigrette Dressing:
- Juice of ½ large sweet tangerine plus 2 tablespoons
- 1 ½ tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- ½ large shallot minced
- ¾ teaspoons honey
- Salt and pepper to taste
Instructions for assembling the Mustard Mint Mizuna salad:
- Toss greens with carrots. Plate, add dressing and pear slices.
Instructions for making the Tangerine-Balsamic Vinaigrette Dressing:
- Add all ingredients to a sealed jar, shake to combine and dress the salad to your liking.
Oh how I wish I could serve a salad like this in my house. It's beautiful and I can just imagine that flavors. Fresh and wonderful. But sadly, BF only likes spinach salads (well, I guess I can't be too upset, at least its not ice burg). I could sneak in the carrots and maybe a little mint though!
Beautiful salad! I love salads and while I don't eat as many during the winter – there are days I can't get enough of them! Your photos are stunning and I've just GOT to pin your carrot pic!
Kim Bee says
This is lovely. I want those carrots something awful. I just picked up 4 kinds of pears tonight so this is great for inspiration. I love the dressing as well. I usually hate dressing and like my salads dry but this is one I would give a whirl.
Kelly Mulcair Registered Nutritionist. Content © 2011 Trinity Nutrition. says
What a stunning salad ~ I absolutely love it and the presentation as well. It's going up on my salad board at pinterest 🙂 – have a great day.
Boulder Locavore says
Kelly you have made my day; thank you!