Oven-roasted fresh tomatoes, shallot and garlic are the stars of this Roasted Tomato Homemade Salad Dressing recipe. It’s easy to change up with different herbs to match with any salad too!
Making homemade salad dressing is easy and the flavor is beyond anything you can buy at the store.
A perfect example is this Roasted Tomato homemade salad dressing.
It’s full of delicious, wholesome ingredients creating an irresistible dressing!
The recipe is very easy to change up to match any salad craving you might be having!
Roasted Tomato Salad Dressing Ingredients
- Garlic Cloves
- Olive Oil
- Black Pepper
- Balsamic Vinegar
- Dry Mustard Powder
- Worcestershire Sauce
Unlike a typical vinaigrette, or ‘oil and vinegar’ dressing, there is only a bit of olive oil and vinegar in this salad dressing.
Just enough to make it creamy with a punch of flavor!
Add Herbs to Change Up the Flavor!
This Roasted Tomato Salad Dressing is delicious as made.
However it can be flavored differently to suit your mood!
Add from fresh cilantro, cayenne and cumin for an earthy spicy flavor.
This version would be perfect for this Mexican Salad (Cobb Salad) recipe.
Add some fresh basil, rosemary, Italian parsley and thyme.
A spoonful of pesto is a fast way to create a delicious twist!
Make it Into a Sauce
Because of the thicker consistency, this homemade salad dressing could be used as a sauce too.
Add some dill and drizzle it over a favorite salmon recipe.
Would be great with grilled chicken too!
How to Roast Tomatoes
Roasting the tomatoes, shallot and garlic is easy!
It caramelizes the flavors making the final salad dressing recipe irresistibly good!
STEP 1: Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Line a rimmed baking sheet with foil and lightly spray with cooking spray.
STEP 2: Place the prepared tomatoes, garlic and shallot on the pan. Drizzle with olive oil, salt and pepper.
STEP 3: Bake for 20 minutes. Allow to cool for a few minutes.
A Thick Salad Dressing Recipe
To make the dressing put all the ingredients in the blender and puree!
The salad dressing recipe has a slightly thicker consistency.
When processing in a blender it will become smooth and fully blended.
It will not emulsify like pure oil and vinegar dressings do.
Roasted Tomato Dressing
- 2 medium Tomatoes , havled
- 5 small Garlic Cloves , peeled
- 1 large Shallot , peeled and halved
- 1 1/2 tablespoon plus 3 tablespoons Olive Oil
- 1/4 teaspoon Kosher Salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground Black Pepper
- 2 teaspoons Balsamic Vinegar
- 1/4 teaspoon Dry Mustard Powder
- 1/2 teaspoon Worcestershire Sauce
- Additional Kosher Salt and Black Pepper to taste
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Line a baking sheet with foil and spray lightly with no-stick spray. Place the tomatoes (cut side up), garlic cloves and shallots on the prepared baking sheets and drizzle with 1 1/2 tablespoons of the olive oil and sprinkle with 1/4 teaspoon each of kosher salt and black pepper.
- Place in the oven and bake for 20 minutes. Remove and allow to cool for a few minutes.
- Add the roasted vegetables and the remaining ingredients to a blender and process on high speed to puree. Season with additional kosher salt and black pepper as needed to taste.
- Store in a sealed jar in the refrigerator for up to 1 week.