Raspberry Vinaigrette dressing is a fresh, easy recipe perfect for any salad. Made with fresh raspberries and other simple ingredients, delicious with your favorite salad. You’ll never want store bought dressing again!
Nothing makes a salad perfect like a great salad dressing. Fresh, flavorful ingredients with natural flavor perk up green salad like nobody’s business.
Once you see how easy it is to make this raspberry vinaigrette recipe, you’ll be making it all year long.
Make this homemade raspberry vinaigrette recipe just once and you’ll realize how easy homemade salad dressings are to make. And how delicious! Using fresh ingredients, and the quality of ingredients, make all the difference.
It tastes of raspberries, with an oil and wine vinegar flavor that is not as strong as regular vinaigrette recipes. Adding a touch of Dijon mustard and plain yogurt give a depth of flavor and a creamy texture. It’s also a naturally gluten free dressing.
Recipe Ingredients Notes
You may already have all the ingredients in your pantry and refrigerator!
- Fresh Raspberries. Choose fresh, fully ripe raspberries.
- Granulated Sugar. Just a bit to lightly sweeten the dressing.
- Olive Oil
- Red Wine Vinegar. For a sweeter vinegar flavor you can substitute balsamic vinegar too. For a stronger raspberry flavor, raspberry vinegar can also be used.
- Plain Yogurt. Do not use Greek yogurt.
- Dijon Mustard. Gives a slight tangy to complement the sweetness of the fresh berries.
- Pinch of Kosher salt
How to Make Raspberry Vinaigrette
Refer to the printable recipe card at the bottom of the post for recipe details.
STEP 1. Simmer the raspberries
Combine the raspberries, water and sugar in a small saucepan over medium heat (photos 1-2). Simmer for 3 minutes while mashing the berries (photo 3). Remove from heat to fully cool.
STEP 2. Strain
Push the mashed berry mixture through a sieve (fine mesh strainer – photo 5) using a pliable spatula (photo 6). Reserve the liquid and discard the raspberry seeds from the strainer (photo 7).
STEP 3. Blend
Add the oil, vinegar, yogurt, mustard and salt, along with the raspberry puree to a blender. Blend until the raspberry vinaigrette is fully blended.
How to Use
Fruity raspberry vinaigrette is a perfect dressing on so many types of salads. It makes even a simple salad recipe exciting! The lightly sweet dressing is a delicious addition to both green salads and fruit salads.
Frequently Asked Questions
A vinaigrette is a type of salad dressing. Vinaigrette is a mixture of oil and an acidic ingredient; like lemon juice or vinegar. Additional ingredients to add flavor such as herbs, and seasonings are usually added.
You can! The good news is fresh raspberries are available all year.
However, their flavor isn’t always the best out of their normal season.
Frozen thawed raspberries absolutely can be substituted for fresh raspberries in this recipe.
Some similar recipes call for adding all ingredients to the blender, skipping the simmering step.
Simmering the berries does a few beneficial things:
Softens the berries making it easier to extract more of the delicious juice
Sweetens the berries and their juice by allowing them to cool with the sugar added
Deepens the flavor of the vinaigrette by taking a few extra minutes for this step
Also passing the berries through the sieve removes the pesky seeds.
Adding everything to the blender will incorporate the seeds into the dressing….and your teeth.
How to Store
Store in an airtight container or glass jar (sealed) in the refrigerator for up to 5 days to preserve freshness.
More recipes you’ll love!
- 1 6- ounce carton fresh Raspberries slightly over 1 cup
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1 tablespoon Granulated Sugar
- ¼ cup olive oil
- 3 tablespoons Red Wine Vinegar
- 1 tablespoon plain yogurt not Greek yogurt
- 1 teaspoon Dijon Mustard
- Pinch of Kosher salt
- In a small saucepan combine the fresh raspberries, water, and sugar over medium heat. Bring to a low boil can cook for 3 minutes breaking up raspberries with a spatula as they cook.
- Remove from heat and allow to fully cool (approximately 15 minutes).
- Pour the raspberry mixture through a fine mesh strainer or sieve, pressing with a pliable spatula to release all the liquid. Discard the content in the sieve.
- Add all remaining ingredients and the raspberry puree into a blender or food processor. Blend until fully combines and smooth.
- Pour over green salads or fruit salads and enjoy!
Originally published: May 14, 2019