Raspberry Vinaigrette dressing is a fresh, easy recipe perfect for any salad. You’ll never want store bought dressing again.
Nothing makes a salad perfect like a great salad dressing.
Fresh, flavorful ingredients perk up seasonal greens like nobody’s business.
Once you see how easy it is to make this vinaigrette, you’ll be making it all year long.
Easy Salad Dressing recipe
Make the recipe just once and you’ll realize how easy homemade salad dressing is to make. And how delicious!
The flavors are true and natural. The ingredient amounts can be tailored to your taste preferences too.
Raspberry Vinaigrette salad dressing is a perfect example.
Sweet and a bit tangy; it pairs beautifully with any type of salad recipe!
Difference between a Vinaigrette and Salad Dressing
A vinaigrette is a type of salad dressing.
Vinaigrette is a mixture of oil and an acidic ingredient; like lemon juice or vinegar.
Additional ingredients to add flavor such as herbs, and seasonings are usually added.
You may already have all the ingredients in your pantry and refrigerator!
- fresh Raspberries
- Granulated Sugar
- Olive Oil
- Red Wine Vinegar
- Plain Yogurt (not Greek yogurt)
- Dijon Mustard
- Pinch of Kosher salt
Change up the flavor by substituting balsamic vinegar for a sweeter vinegar flavor.
Can I Use Frozen Raspberries?
You can! The good news is fresh raspberries are available all year.
However, their flavor isn’t always the best out of their normal season.
Frozen thawed raspberries absolutely can be substituted for fresh raspberries in this recipe.
What does Raspberry Vinaigrette Taste Like?
It tastes of raspberries, with an oil and wine vinegar flavor that is not as strong is a plain vinaigrette.
Adding a touch of Dijon mustard and plain yogurt give a depth of flavor and a creamy texture.
How to Make Raspberry Vinaigrette – Step by Step
Refer to the printable recipe card at the bottom of the post for recipe details.
STEP 1: Combine the raspberries, water and sugar in a small saucepan over medium heat. Simmer for 3 minutes while mashing the berries.
STEP 2: Remove from heat to fully cool.
STEP 3: Push the mashed berry mixture through a sieve (fine mesh strainer) and reserve the liquid.
STEP 4: Add the oil, vinegar, yogurt, mustard and salt, along with the raspberry puree to a blender.
STEP 5: Blend until the vinaigrette is fully blended.
Why Cook the Raspberries?
Some similar recipes call for adding all ingredients to the blender, skipping the simmering step.
Simmering the berries does a few beneficial things:
- Softens the berries making it easier to extract more of the delicious juice
- Sweetens the berries and their juice by allowing them to cool with the sugar added
- Deepens the flavor of the vinaigrette by taking a few extra minutes for this step
Also passing the berries through the sieve removes the pesky seeds.
Adding everything to the blender will incorporate the seeds into the dressing….and your teeth.
How to Store
Store in a sealed container in the refrigerator for up to 4 days.
The flavors in this salad dressing allow it to pair well with a variety of salads. More savory salads as well as those made sweeter with fruits.
Swap the Raspberry Vinaigrette into one of these delicious salads:
- Blueberry-Mango Mixed Greens
- Red Grape Jicama Walnut Salad
- Summer Grilled Chicken Chopped Salad
- Strawberry Spinach Salad
Freestyle your salad! The salad shown here is combination of romaine lettuce, blueberries, raspberries, apples, almonds and chicken breast.
Use this chicken breast recipe for juicy chicken every time.
Make it a Meal
Need some inspiration? This raspberry salad dressing is a showstopper just on fresh lettuce. Make an exciting meal by adding….
- Instant Pot Jambalaya: Quick and Easy Comfort Food
- Creamy Ginger Scalloped Sunchokes
- Lemongrass-Lavender Green Sun Tea
- Rhubarb Fool: a Light, Dreamy British Dessert
- Chocolate Lavender Fudge with Salted Caramel Top
Creamy, sweet and tangy raspberry vinaigrette uses fresh raspberries for a mouthwatering homemade dressing perfect for any fresh salad. Recipe can be doubled keeping ingredient proportions the same.
- 1 6- ounce carton fresh Raspberries slightly over 1 cup
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1 tablespoon Granulated Sugar
- ¼ cup olive oil
- 3 tablespoons Red Wine Vinegar
- 1 tablespoon plain yogurt not Greek yogurt
- 1 teaspoon Dijon Mustard
- Pinch of Kosher salt
- In a small saucepan combine the fresh raspberries, water, and sugar over medium heat. Bring to a low boil can cook for 3 minutes breaking up raspberries with a spatula as they cook.
- Remove from heat and allow to fully cool (approximately 15 minutes).
- Pour the raspberry mixture through a fine mesh strainer or sieve, pressing with a pliable spatula to release all the liquid. Discard the content in the sieve.
Add all remaining ingredients and the raspberry puree into a blender or food processor. Blend until fully combines and smooth.
- Pour over salad and enjoy! Store left over dressing in an airtight container in the fridge for 4-5 days.