Making this Instant Pot Corned Beef Brisket recipe is not only very simple but it cooks the corned beef brisket to a juicy, tender consistency with fantastic flavor. Throwing in potatoes and carrots for 3 minutes as the brisket is resting post-cooking leaves you with a full meal.
Need some other St. Patrick’s Day recipe ideas? This Irish Chocolate Mousse with Baileys is delicious, decadent and very rich. I love more traditional recipes like this Irish Potato Soup or Authentic Irish Colcannon (mashed potatoes with kale and scallions). Actually this list of 10 Authentic Irish Recipes for St. Patrick’s Day has some delicious, rustic, unpretentious recipes great for any time of the year.
How about some more Irish Instant Pot recipes? Instant Pot Irish Stew is a perfect fit for St. Patrick’s Day. Instant Pot Irish Colcannon; this version made with Napa cabbage. One of my Irish favorites Pressure Cooker Champ (mashed potatoes with green onions) made in the Instant Pot.
Instant Pot Corned Beef Brisket Recipe
- 2-3 pound Corned Beef Brisket
- 1 medium Yellow Onion , peeled and cut into wedges
- 3 Garlic Cloves , peeled and chopped
- 1 ½ cups (12 fluid ounces) Dark Ale (I used Green’s Gluten-Free Dubbel Dark Ale; if not gluten-free I suggest Guinness)
- Seasoning Packet that comes with the corned beef
- 2 Potatoes (1 pound weight), peeled and cubed into 1-inch cubes
- 2 large Carrots , peeled and cut into 1 ½-inch lengths
- 6 qt Instant Pot
- Insert the rack into the Instant Pot. Add the onion and garlic to the 6 qt Instant Pot distributing it evenly on the bottom.
- Remove the Corned Beef Brisket from the package, reserve the spice packet and rinse the meat thoroughly. Place it in the Instant Pot on the lift-out rack (if there is a fattier side put that facing down) and sprinkle the seasonings evenly on top of the brisket and around it in the pot. Pour in the beer around the edges of the Instant Pot (to keep the spices on the brisket in place).
- Add the lid to the Instant Pot, select MANUAL High Pressure (default pressure setting) and 90 minutes. When done, do a QUICK RELEASE of the pressure, remove the brisket, brush the seasoning from the top of the brisket (more difficult to remove when it has cooled) and allow to rest.
- Add the potatoes (on the bottom) and carrots (on top of the potatoes) to the Instant Pot. Seal and select MANUAL for 3 minutes on High Pressure. When done do a QUICK RELEASE and remove vegetables with a slotted spoon.
- Slice the Corned Beef across the grain and serve on a platter with the vegetables. The cooking juices may be spooned over the meat to keep it moist.
I want to connect with you! Leave a comment and follow me on Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest & Instagram!