Making Instant Pot Corned Beef Brisket is very easy and cooks the corned beef brisket to a juicy, tender consistency with fantastic flavor. A great vegetable trick ensures firm, cooked vegetables making an easy full dinner recipe!
Making Instant Pot Corned Beef Brisket is so easy and also tenderizes the brisket faster with the pressure cooking and the beer. The beer serves to add more flavor too. Though not a traditional Irish recipe to celebrate St. Patrick’s Day, it is a popular American recipe for the holiday and for good reason!
Love Corned Beef Brisket? Buy it Now!
With St. Patrick’s Day coming soon corned beef brisket is available in most grocery stores. Most stores do not carry it year-round so if you love it, buy extra and stick it in your freezer now!
How to make the Instant Pot Corned Beef Brisket – Step by Step:
The rack is added to the insert of a 6 quart Instant Pot and covered with onions cut into wedges and garlic. The corned beef brisket is placed fatty side down on top of the vegetables and sprinkled with the spices coming with the brisket.
Beer, gluten-free or regular, is poured around the brisket in the Instant Pot. The brisket cooks for 90 minutes. After a quick release, the brisket is removed to rest. The prepared carrots and potatoes are added to the Instant Pot and cooked on manual for three minutes. The vegetables are removed and the brisket sliced for serving!
TIP: Adding the vegetables just at the end ensures they are cooked but still firm and delicious!
Need some other St. Patrick’s Day recipe ideas?
This Irish Chocolate Mousse with Baileys is delicious, decadent and very rich. I love more traditional recipes like this Irish Potato Soup or Authentic Irish Colcannon (mashed potatoes with kale and scallions).
Actually, this list of 10 Authentic Irish Recipes for St. Patrick’s Day has some delicious, rustic, unpretentious recipes great for any time of the year.
More Hearty (EASY) Instant Pot Recipes You’ll Love:
- Instant Pot Cuban Beef Stew (Carne Con Papas)
- Instant Pot Gluten-Free Macaroni and Cheese with Green Chilies
- Instant Pot Jambalaya: Quick & Easy Comfort Food
If you’ve tried this Instant Pot Corned Beef Brisket or any other recipe on BoulderLocavore.com please don’t forget to rate the recipe and let me know where you found it in the comments below, I love hearing from you! You can also FOLLOW ME FACEBOOK, TWITTER, INSTAGRAM and PINTEREST to see more delicious food and what I’m up to!
Instant Pot Corned Beef Brisket Recipe
- 2-3 pound Corned Beef Brisket
- 1 medium Yellow Onion , peeled and cut into wedges
- 3 Garlic Cloves , peeled and chopped
- 1 ½ cups (12 fluid ounces) Dark Ale (I used Green’s Gluten-Free Dubbel Dark Ale; if not gluten-free I suggest Guinness)
- 1 Seasoning Packet that comes with the corned beef
- 2 Potatoes (1 pound weight), peeled and cubed into 1-inch cubes
- 2 large Carrots , peeled and cut into 1 ½-inch lengths
- 6 qt Instant Pot
Insert the rack into the Instant Pot. Add the onion and garlic to the 6-quart Instant Pot distributing it evenly on the bottom.
Remove the Corned Beef Brisket from the package, reserve the spice packet and rinse the meat thoroughly. Place it in the Instant Pot on the lift-out rack (if there is a fattier side put that facing down) and sprinkle the seasonings evenly on top of the brisket and around it in the pot.
Pour in the beer around the edges of the Instant Pot (to keep the spices on the brisket in place).
- Add the lid to the Instant Pot, select MANUAL High Pressure (default pressure setting) and 90 minutes. When done, do a QUICK RELEASE of the pressure, remove the brisket, brush the seasoning from the top of the brisket (more difficult to remove when it has cooled) and allow to rest.
- Add the potatoes (on the bottom) and carrots (on top of the potatoes) to the Instant Pot. Seal and select MANUAL for 3 minutes on High Pressure. When done do a QUICK RELEASE and remove vegetables with a slotted spoon.
- Slice the Corned Beef across the grain and serve on a platter with the vegetables. The cooking juices may be spooned over the meat to keep it moist.