Cranberry Pecan Goat Cheese appetizer is made with four ingredients in 15 minutes. Sweet, tangy, crunchy sliceable rolls that are a perfect party appetizer for easy holiday entertaining.
‘Tis the season of entertaining, parties, gatherings and large holiday meals.
Great party appetizer recipes are a necessity but no one has time to toil over creating them, especially if guests drop by at the last minute.
My very favorite holiday appetizer (that CAN be made all year long) is a sweet and savory Cranberry Pecan Goat Cheese appetizer.
A creamy goat cheese appetizer that uses only 4 ingredients and just a few minutes to prepare!
What is Cranberry Pecan Goat Cheese Appetizer?
A sliceable roll perfect for serving with crackers or sliced fruit! It’s a great party appetizer.
It combines tangy, sweet, salty flavors with a nice soft and crunchy texture so all bases are covered.
Tangy goat cheese appetizer is quick and easy to make.
It only a few minutes to make!
This delicious appetizer needs to chill for the outer coating to stick to the goat cheese.
It’s a perfect make-ahead Thanksgiving appetizer or for entertaining.
The recipe name gives away three of the four ingredients:
- Dried cranberries
- Goat cheese
PRO TIPS for Making this Goat Cheese Appetizer
Three things are key to making this easy appetizer recipe:
- Make sure the goat cheese log is room temperature before rolling it in the cranberry pecan mixture. This ensures the coating to stick well to the outside of the goat cheese.
- Chop the dried cranberries and pecans into small pieces. Smaller pieces adhere to the goat cheese better.
- Once rolled and wrapped in wax paper, chill until firm, preferably overnight. This allows everything to set and the coating to stay in place when serving!
What to Serve with this appetizer recipe
The Cranberry Pecan Goat Cheese appetizer will be sliced and served with:
- Flat bread
- Sliced fruits (apples and pears are great choices)
It’s the perfect on a larger cheese board or with various appetizers.
TIP: Goat cheese is a soft cheese so serving the goat cheese appetizer roll with a soft cheese knife as shown in the photos works well.
How Many Does this Party Appetizer Serve?
Typical goat cheese rolls are 4-ounces in size (about 3 1/2 inches long).
If this goat cheese appetizer is served with multiple appetizer, one roll can serve 2-4.
If only serving a few appetizers plan on one roll serving 2.
They are pretty addictive!
How to Make Cranberry Pecan Goat Cheese Appetizer – Step by Step
For a detailed printable recipe refer to the recipe card at the end of the blog post.
STEP 1. Preparation
Allow goat cheese to sit at room temperature at least 15 minutes. Combine the chopped dried cranberries, pecans and salt in a small bowl (photo 1).
Place a piece of wax paper (large enough to wrap the goat cheese when done) on the counter.
STEP 2. Make the goat cheese roll
Spread the cranberry-pecan mix on the wax paper and place the goat cheese on top (photo 2).
Roll the goat cheese applying light pressure on the mixture to coat (photo 3).
TIP: place the ends of the goat cheese roll in the mixture to coat before rolling the rest of the roll.
STEP 5: Wrap the wax paper around the rolled goat cheese, twisting the ends tightly closed (photo 4).
STEP 3. Chill
Chill fully before serving.
More recipes you’ll love!
Cranberry Pecan Goat Cheese Appetizer
- 1 4-ounce log goat cheese
- ¼ cup dried sweetened cranberries , finely chopped
- 3 tablespoons pecans , finely chopped
- Pinch of salt
- Allow goat cheese to sit at room temperature for 15 minutes.
- Add cranberries, pecans and salt into a small bowl; stir to fully combine.
- Lay a piece of plastic wrap or wax paper on a counter top (large enough to wrap fully around the goat cheese).
- Place cranberries, pecans and salt on the plastic wrap in the center in a wide strip to allow rolling the goat cheese.
- Roll goat cheese in the mixture to fully cover.
- Wrap snugly, twist ends closed and refrigerate until serving.
Originally published: November 1, 2012
Priya Maha says
I so love how easy it is to make these cheese rolls. Perfect recipe! Thanks so much for sharing
Loved this easy appetizer. We served it at Thanksgiving and it was gone before I was back in the kitchen!! Will be serving it again at Christmas and doubling the recipe.