Somewhere along the path of rallying all the recent Halloween food and drink to share, I divined a Martha-esque accessory: the homemade Halloween cocktail napkin.
Feeling a need for something simple to pump up the spook volume on my tablescape I created these napkins perfect for any libation or appetizer plate.
They were too easy not to share; so simple, with a bit of guidance older children could make them as well as adults.
Want to make this even easier? Use Halloween color paper napkins and repeat the same process.
A stylish napkin is only as fun as the drink it’s paired with. I’ve scoured the net for some cocktails and teetotaling options to whip up for the holiday. It seemed apropos with a project of this nature to go to the Goddess of all things ‘holiday’; Martha Stewart. Her website has a great collection of all sorts of Halloween drinks that will undoubtedly fill the bill for your gathering.
Homemade-DIY Halloween Cocktail/Appetizer Napkins
- Fabric (I suggest something natural, such as cotton to ensure stamp sets)
- Pinking sheers
- Halloween stamps
- Black stamping ink (or other colors if you prefer)
- Paper (to make a pattern) or paper cocktail napkin
- Pins (to affix pattern to fabric when cutting)
- Iron and ironing board
- Paper towels to clean stamps
- Either use a paper cocktail napkin or cut out a square of paper 9 ½ by 9 ½ inches.
- Lay pattern on fabric. Pin pattern to fabric or hold in place while cutting out fabric square.
- Fold fabric in half with outside showing and iron the crease. Fold in half again and repeat to yield a square.
- Gently tap desired stamp in the ink being careful not to get ink on the edges of the stamp that could leave additional unwanted marks on the fabric.
- Place stamp on desired spot on napkin, press on the back of the stamp gently but evenly to ensure the ink transfer. Remove stamp and allow to dry before use.