Chipotle Sweet Potato Gratin
- 2 tablespoons Unsalted Butter
- 2 Chipotle Chilies in Adobo Sauce (for more heat add a 1 teaspoon of the Adobo Sauce from the can of chilies)
- ¾ cups Heavy Cream
- ¾ cups Whole Milk
- 8 cups Sweet Potatoes , peeled and sliced 1/8-1/4 inch thick (I suggest using a mandolin to ensure uniform thickness)
- Preheat the oven to 325 degrees. Use the butter to grease a 4 quart baking dish.
- In a blender or food processor, process the chilies, cream and milk until smooth.
- Layer approximately 2 cups of the sliced sweet potatoes on the bottom of the prepared baking dish. Cover with approximately ¼ of the chile-cream mixture and some kosher salt and pepper. Repeat three more times, ending with the chile-cream and salt and pepper.
- Bake for 60 minutes, or until the potatoes are tender. During cooking spoon some of the chile-cream over the top of the casserole should the top of the potatoes appear dry. Serve hot or at room temperature.
Adapted from Southwest Cooking