|It’s 98 degrees as I write this. Not to drag YOU to a swim meet but I could not resist the look of this water and the mention of an Otter Pop!|
CHICKEN SALAD with CRANBERRIES, SLIVERED ALMONDS AND GREEN APPLE
This recipe offers the perfect use for leftover roast chicken or for a rotisserie chicken from your supermarket. My market roasts free range chickens daily so I love the ease of picking one up for all sorts of dishes. I use dried cranberries sweetened with fruit juice which I buy in bulk in local healthier stores. Their texture is semi soft and the sweetness tastes more natural to me still allowing some tartness.
- 2 cups cooked chicken preferably roasted and cooled to room temperature or chilled, chopped into bite size chunks
- ¼ cup dried sweetened cranberries
- ¼ cup slivered almonds rough chopped
- ¼ cup Granny Smith apple peeled, cored and finely chopped
- ¼ cup celery finely chopped
- ¼ cup mayonnaise
- Salt and pepper to taste
Mix all ingredients in a large bowl.
Adjust seasoning to your personal taste. Pile on slices of your favorite sandwich bread and dig in!
My bread of choice is Gluten Free Pantry’s ‘Favorite Sandwich Bread’ with added chia seeds, diced sunflower seeds and diced pumpkin seeds. I make it a few times a week in my home bread maker and have found it the perfect sandwich size gluten free bread.