I have spent the summer corresponding with Rob Masters, Distiller, owner of Rob’s Mountain Gin (a locally sourced and distilled brand) and President of the Colorado Distiller’s Guild. Rob found me originally on Liqurious.com where one of my blog cocktails was featured, linking him to my blog. He became a reader and invited me to come see his distilling process. After several failed attempts our meeting would finally take place this week at Boulder Distillery for a tour and tasting. Was it ever worth the wait.
Farmer's Market Gin and Tonic
- 2 ounces Rob’s Mountain Gin (substitute available gin)
- Tonic water preferably Q Tonic or Fever Tree
- 3 cucumber wheels
- 1 sprig fresh rosemary
- 1 lime wedge
- Place the cucumber wheels in the bottom of a rocks/Old Fashioned glass and squeeze lime on top.
- Gently muddle (mash) the cucumber to release the juices.
- Add the sprig of rosemary and fill glass with ice. Pour in Rob’s Mountain Gin and top off with tonic.