Moscato Sangria is a sparkling wine cocktail, loaded with fresh fruit and sweet moscato wine! A batch serves 6 making it a great party cocktail recipe.
Moscato Sangria will take the edge off the heat during the summertime and be a flavorful oasis during the colder months.
Sangria can have a fizzy component as well, which is always fun.
The flavors of this blend are so delicate and perfect, a top off of sparkling water is all it needs!
What is Sangria?
If you haven’t had sangria, it originates in Spain. It is red wine based mixed with a bit of brandy, sometimes lemonade and fruits.
The fruit infuse into the liquids to create a refreshing sipper with a fantastic depth of flavor.
Moscato Sangria is a sweet refreshing sangria recipe to tame the heat of summer.
It’s a sparkling wine cocktail perfect for parties or sipping all year too.
What is Moscato?
Moscato rose to be the ‘it girl’ in the wine scene within the last decade. It is a sweeter wine that’s easy to drink.
Its rise to fame reminds me of when Pink Zinfandel skyrocketed in popularity in the 1990’s,
You can drink it with or without a meal. It has a pleasing flavor and it’s priced well.
Wine can be intimidating if you haven’t tasted much of it. Moscato is unpretentious compared to other wines.
Moscato, made from the sweet Muscat grape. Surprisingly, has become popular from the hip hop industry. Go figure, right?
Popular rappers such as Lil Kim and Drake began rapping about it mid last decade.
This landed Moscato as a wine for all ages, where typically wine drinkers are an older set.
Again it’s the easy ‘drinkability’ of the wine that makes it approachable and popular.
Moscato Sangria Ingredients
If people love Moscato, they are going to totally love Moscato Sangria.
The fruity flavors and sparkling fizz make any serving feel like a party!
The ingredients in this Moscato Sangria recipe include:
- Moscato wine
- Orange liqueur
- Seedless Grapes
- Crambola (star fruit)
- Sparkling Water
Moscato blended with orange liqueur, brandy and luscious fruits that can be found all year long.
How to Make Moscato Sangria – Step by Step:
Use clear glassware to serve the beautiful wine sangria in!
Making Moscato Sangria is easy!
- Combine all ingredients (except the sparkling water) into a large glass pitcher or jar.
- Stir to mix and allow to sit in the refrigerator for 2-4 hours.
- Serve in 10 ounce glasses with some of the infused fruit, and 5 ounces of the sangria.
- Add sparkling water to fill!
Pro Tips for Making Moscato
Allowing a sangria to sit for at least a few hours before serving ensures a blending of all the flavors.
Sangria recipes with stronger citrus fruit such as lemon or lime can become tart way if stored for multiple days.
If storing this Moscato Sangria after the initial infusing, remove the lime to avoid the sangria becoming too acidic or tart.
I like to add a bit of the infusing fruit to the serving glass. The boozy fruit is fantastic to nibble on or add to a bowl of ice cream!
Using a glass jar with a spigot allows easy storing in the refrigerator and serving.
More Sangria recipes you’ll love!
Try these Cocktail Recipes too
Fall Cocktails from Vail Colorado Restaurants
Moscato Sangria Recipe
- 1 750-ml bottle Moscato Wine
- 1/2 cup Orange Liqueur Grand Marnier, Citronage or equivalent
- 1/3 cup Brandy
- 1 cup Raspberries
- 1 cup Seedless Grapes Sliced in half lengthwise
- 1 Starfruit Carambola, sliced into 1/4 inch thick slices
- 1 Orange Peeled and sliced into 1/4 inch thick slices
- 1/2 Lime Peeled and sliced into 1/8 to 1/4 inch thick slices
- 1 12-ounce can Sparkling Seltzer Water
- Combine all ingredients except the seltzer water into a large glass pitcher or jar. Stir to mix and allow to sit in the refrigerator for 2-4 hours.
- Serve in 10 ounce glasses with some of the infused fruit, and 5 ounces of the sangria. Add seltzer water to fill!
Originally published: March 20, 2016
This Moscato Sangria recipe is a contribution to Food Fanatic.