There’s only one thing better than homemade banana bread: homemade Strawberry Banana Bread! Full of juicy strawberries in a moist banana bread that’s easy to make!
Imagine your best banana bread recipe full of fresh ripe strawberries! It’s one of those delicious quick bread recipes you’ll make on repeat.
It’s easy, full of so much moisture, fresh berries, mashed bananas. It’s going to become one of your favorite things during strawberry season.
Delicious Strawberry Banana Bread
You won’t want to wait for fresh bananas to ripen to make this bread. The combination of strawberries and bananas takes plain banana bread to a whole new level.
Sweet strawberries give the banana strawberry bread a wonderful fresh flavor and lots of moisture.
This banana bread isn’t a dense bread like a typical banana bread, it’s got more of a quick bread texture. It has a sweet banana taste with a hint of strawberry in every bite.
It’s an easy recipe and the fresh fruits add so much flavor in a great way.
Recipe Ingredients + Notes
Ripe bananas. Use three medium size lightly spotted still semi-firm bananas. Do not use overripe bananas that are black and mushy.
Strawberry Greek Yogurt. One 5.3 ounce container and best if it has fruit on the bottom (Choibani is the brand we used in this recipe). The fruit on the bottom adds more strawberry fruit and juice to the recipe.
Unsalted butter. Start with softened butter. You’ll use a half cup butter
Granulated sugar. White sugar is this sweetener for the bread.
Eggs. Two large eggs are used.
Vanilla extract. Adds a warm homey flavor.
All Purpose flour. Regular regular gluten-free measure-for-measure flour blend can be used. For the gluten-free bread we use Bob’s Red Mill gluten-free measure-for-measure baking flour.
Baking soda and baking powder. This combination of rising agents gives the bread great structure and rising results.
Salt. We use kosher salt which is a less salty tasting salt.
Fresh strawberries. Diced fresh ripe strawberries give this easy strawberry banana bread recipe authentic strawberry flavor.
Use unblemished fully ripe strawberries for best flavor.
Add chocolate chips for another level of flavor! About ½ cup of semi-sweet chocolate chips would work great.
If you want to use sour cream instead of the strawberry Greek yogurt then swap it 1:1 and add ½ teaspoon strawberry extract to keep the great strawberry taste.
Try other fruit! Blueberries are a delicious alternative, just swap out the Greek yogurt for blueberry and add fresh blueberries to the batter for blueberry banana bread.
How to Make Strawberry Banana Bread – Step-by-Step
STEP 1. Preparation
Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Spray a 9-inch by 5-inch loaf bread pan with a non-stick spray.
Option: For easy removal, the loaf pan can be lined with parchment paper and sprayed with the non-stick spray (photo 1).
STEP 2. Mash bananas
In a large bowl, using a potato masher or a fork, mash together the bananas and yogurt. Set aside (photo 2).
STEP 3. Combine wet ingredients
In another bowl, using a mixer, beat together the butter and sugar until soft and fluffy. Mix the eggs in one at a time (photos 3-4).
Fold the banana mixture, and vanilla extract into the sugar mixture together. Set aside (photo 5).
STEP 4. Mix dry ingredients and make batter
In a medium bowl, mix the flour, baking soda, baking powder, and salt (photo 6).
Add the flour mixture to the batter and fold together just until combined (photo 7).
Fold in the strawberries, leave a few behind to top the bread with (photo 8).
Pour the batter into the prepared pan and top with the remaining strawberries (photos 9-10).
STEP 5. Bake and cool
Bake for 60-65 minutes, until a toothpick inserted comes out clean.
Cool for 10 minutes while still in the pan (photo 11).
Remove from pan and place on a cooling rack (photo 12). Allow to completely cool before wrapping for storage.
A note on baking pans
Baking times can vary slightly depending on the loaf pan material being used (metal, glass, ceramic, silicon) and the size (9-inch by 5-inch, 8.5-inch by 4.5 inch, etc) and altitude.
Always test the bread by inserting a toothpick in the center of the loaf and when it comes out clean the loaf is done.
How to Store it
Store in an airtight container. It can be stored at room temperature for 2-3 days or in the refrigerator for up to 4-5 days.
It can be frozen too. Wrap tightly with plastic wrap (either slices or whole loaf), insert in a freezer bag or container and freeze for up to 3 months. Thaw in the refridgerator.
More recipes you’ll love!
Strawberry Banana Bread
- 3 medium ripe bananas lightly spotted still semi-firm
- 1 5.3 ounce Strawberry Greek Yogurt best if it has fruit on the bottom
- 1/4 cup unsalted butter
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups all purpose flour regular or gluten-free measure-for-measure flour blend
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 1 ½ cups diced fresh strawberries
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Spray a 19-inch by 5-inch loaf pan with a non-stick spray. Option: For easy removal, the loaf pan can be lined with parchment paper and sprayed with the non-stick spray.
- In a large bowl, using a potato masher or a fork, mash together the bananas and yogurt. Set aside.
- In another bowl, using a mixer, beat together the butter and sugar until soft and fluffy.
- Mix the eggs in one at a time.
- Using a spatula, fold the banana mixture and vanilla extract into the sugar mixture together. Set aside.
- In a small bowl, mix the flour, baking soda, baking powder, and salt.
- Add the flour mixture to the batter and fold together just until combined.
- Fold in the strawberries, leave a few behind to top the bread with.
- Pour the batter into the prepared pan and top with the remaining strawberries.
- Bake for 60-65 minutes, until a toothpick inserted comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes while still in the pan.
- Remove to a cooling rack and continue to cool completely before wrapping it for storage.