Lean Turkey Black Bean Quinoa Chipotle Burrito Bowls
This lightened up, fresh recipe for burrito bowls will fill you up with bold flavors, great texture and lean ingredients.
Servings 7 cups burrito filling
- ½ medium Yellow Onion chopped
- 1 teaspoon Olive Oil
- 1 pound Ground Turkey
- ¼ teaspoon Garlic Powder
- 2 teaspoons ground Cumin
- 1 15 ounce can Black Beans , drained and rinsed
- ½ cup Corn Kernels (fresh or frozen and thawed)
- 1 cup prepared Quinoa
- 1 4 ounce can Green Chilies , mild or hot depending on your personal preference; drained
- 2 teaspoons Adobo Sauce
- ½ teaspoon Cayenne Powder
- ½ cup Salsa; mild suggested but medium or hot if preferred
- Suggested Toppings: Shredded Lettuce , chopped tomatoes, grated cheese, avocado slices, guacamole, salsa, sour cream, chopped cilantro, pickled jalapenos
In a large skillet, heat the olive oil over medium high heat. Sauté the onions until translucent; 4-5 minutes approximately.
Add the turkey, garlic powder and cumin. Sauté until the turkey becomes opaque white.
Add the black beans, corn, quinoa, green chilies, adobo sauce, cayenne, salsa. Cook over medium heat until all ingredients are well blended and heated through.
Assembling the Burrito Bowls:
Serving: 1cup | Calories: 134kcal | Carbohydrates: 10g | Protein: 17g | Fat: 2g | Saturated Fat: 0g | Cholesterol: 35mg | Sodium: 434mg | Potassium: 327mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 1g | Vitamin A: 170IU | Vitamin C: 1.2mg | Calcium: 21mg | Iron: 1.5mg