Taco Seasoning mix
Homemade Taco Seasoning is full of classic flavor, and takes 5 minutes to make. So much better than store bought mixes.
Servings 8 1-tablespoon servings (1/2 cup total yield)
- 1/4 cup Chili powder
- 1 Tablespoon Onion powder
- 1 Tablespoon ground Cumin
- 2 teaspoons Kosher salt
- 1 ½ teaspoon Oregano
- 1 teaspoon Garlic powder
- ½ teaspoon ground Red Pepper
Easy Beef Tacos recipe
The easiest way to use the seasoning mix is IN tacos! Here is a fast and easy recipe.
Makes 6-8 tacos.
- Add 1 pound of ground beef to a large non-stick skillet over medium-high heat.
- Saute, breaking the beef into small pieces, until no pink remains in the ground beef.
- Drain and discard any excess fat from the skillet.
- Add 1 tablespoon of the taco seasoning mix, 1/4 cup of tomato sauce and 1/2 cup of water to the beef mixture. Simmer until the liquid has evaporated and the beef has thickened into a sauce.
- Serve with hard taco shells or soft corn tortillas, grated Mexican blend cheese, chopped tomatoes and shredded lettuce.
Calories: 29kcal | Carbohydrates: 5g | Protein: 1g | Fat: 1g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Sodium: 705mg | Potassium: 175mg | Fiber: 3g | Sugar: 1g | Vitamin A: 2260IU | Vitamin C: 1mg | Calcium: 41mg | Iron: 2mg