Hot Mulled Colorado Apple Cider
Spiked hot apple cider never tasted so good! Recipe from Elway's restaurant in Vail Colorado.
Servings 1 cocktail
- 4 ounces Big B’s Apple Cider* non locals can use fresh apple cider
- Mulling spices
- 1 ½ ounce Berentzen ApfelKorn Apple Schnapps or Myers dark rum
- Pumpkin spice and sugar for rimming the glass
- Sliced orange for rimming liquid
- Cinnamon stick for garnish
Heat apple cider with mulling spices over low heat for 1 hour.
Rim a large brandy snifter with juice of a sliced orange; dip into a shallow glass of pumpkin spice and sugar (1 part pumpkin spice to 5 parts sugar; or to your taste).
Add hot cider and apple schnapps or rum. Garnish with cinnamon stick.
*Big B's is a Colorado-local brand of fresh apple cider. Any apple cider may be used; fresh preferred.
Larger amounts of apple cider and mulling spices may be simmered and stored in the refridgerator for additional cocktails.
Calories: 150kcal | Carbohydrates: 12g | Protein: 0g | Fat: 0g | Saturated Fat: 0g | Cholesterol: 0mg | Sodium: 4mg | Potassium: 114mg | Sugar: 10g | Vitamin C: 1mg