Slow Cooker Spicy Chorizo Green Chile Cannellini Bean Soup
This simple rustic soup is bursting with sultry, spicy flavor from simple whole ingredients. The chorizo offers spicy heat and a familiar Spanish flavor along with green chilies and cannellini beans.
Servings 10 1-cup servings
- ½ large Yellow Onion , peeled and chopped
- 2 medium Carrots , scrubbed, top removed and chopped
- 2 large stalks Celery , scrubbed, trimmed and chopped
- 14-16 ounces ground Chorizo
- 2 14.5-ounce cans Cannellini Beans , drained
- 1 4-ounce can Mild Green Chilies
- 6 cups low sodium Chicken Stock
- Garnish: chopped cilantro
Add the vegetables to the bottom of a 6 quart or larger slow cooker. Break the chorizo into small pieces and layer on top of the vegetables. Add the beans and green chilies, followed by the chicken stock.
Cook on HIGH for 4 hours (or on LOW for 6-8 hours). NOTE: If desired the red, rendered fat from the chorizo can be skimmed off the top of the soup with a spoon and discarded. TIP: if refrigerated the fat will solidify and is easily removed before reheating. Serve with a sprinkling of cilantro leaves and some crusty rolls.
Calories: 211kcal | Carbohydrates: 4g | Protein: 12g | Fat: 16g | Saturated Fat: 5g | Cholesterol: 34mg | Sodium: 548mg | Potassium: 347mg | Sugar: 1g | Vitamin A: 2075IU | Vitamin C: 1.4mg | Calcium: 17mg | Iron: 1mg