Baked Oatmeal is full of wholesome ingredients, warming spices, and chocolate chips. It's easy to change up with seasonal ingredients to keep it fun all year round.
- 2 cups Rolled oats regular or gluten-free
- ½ cup chopped Walnuts
- 1 teaspoon Baking powder
- 1 teaspoon Cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon Nutmeg
- ½ teaspoon Kosher salt
- 1 ½ cups grated Zucchini not squeezed/drained
- ¼ cup mashed ripe Banana about ½ a medium banana
- 2 tablespoons Maple syrup
- 2 Eggs lightly beaten
- 1 tablespoon melted Unsalted butter or melted coconut oil
- 1 ½ teaspoons Vanilla extract
- 1 ¼ cups Milk almond milk, oat milk, coconut milk or dairy milk may be used
- 1/3 cup mini Chocolate Chips
Preheat oven to 375°F and grease an 9-inch by 9-inch baking pan (or similar sized baking dish).
Place oats, walnuts, baking powder, cinnamon, nutmeg and salt in a large bowl. Stir to combine.
Add zucchini, mashed banana, maple syrup, eggs, butter/coconut oil and vanilla extract and stir to combine.
Pour in the milk and stir until all the ingredients are thoroughly combined.
Fold all but 2 tablespoons of the chocolate chips into the mixture and transfer to the prepared baking dish.
Sprinkle the remaining chocolate chips on top. Bake for about 40 minutes until edges turn golden brown and middle is set.
Let cool before slicing. Serve as is or with a dollop of peanut butter, sun butter or syrup on top.
Store in an air-tight container in the refrigerator for up to a week or freeze for up to 1 month.
Calories: 256kcal | Carbohydrates: 35g | Protein: 8g | Fat: 10g | Saturated Fat: 5g | Cholesterol: 65mg | Sodium: 242mg | Potassium: 371mg | Fiber: 4g | Sugar: 13g | Vitamin A: 282IU | Vitamin C: 6mg | Calcium: 137mg | Iron: 2mg