Easy Cherry Cake
This easy, fast Cherry Cake recipe only takes four ingredients! It mixes up in minutes IN the baking pan too. It's moist and fully of cherry flavor.
Servings 15 slices
- 1 18-ounce white cake mix regular or gluten-free; yellow cake mix can be substituted
- 1 21-ounce can cherry pie filling OR 1 batch homemade cherry pie filling
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 2 eggs
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Spray a 9-inch by 13-inch baking pan with non-stick cooking spray.
Add the cake mix, cherry pie filling, sour cream and eggs to the prepared pan. Stir to combine all ingredients comletely. Smooth the batter for even coverage in the pan.
Bake for 40-45 minutes until the top is very very lightly golden in color. Remove and allow to cool on a wire rack before serving.
Top with whipped topping if desired.
Cake mix notes
Storing the cake
Store covered in the refrigerator for up to 4 days.
The cake can be cut into 12 servings up to 20. Fifteen pieces makes average size servings.
- A 15.25 ounce cake mix can be substituted with no other adjustments.
- Yellow cake mix can be substituted.
- Gluten-free cake mix: I've never seen a white cake mix that's gluten-free. Use yellow cake mix instead!
Calories: 195kcal | Carbohydrates: 39g | Protein: 2g | Fat: 3g | Saturated Fat: 2g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 1g | Monounsaturated Fat: 1g | Trans Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 26mg | Sodium: 257mg | Potassium: 82mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 15g | Vitamin A: 161IU | Vitamin C: 1mg | Calcium: 91mg | Iron: 1mg