Chipotle Instant Pot Chicken Soup
Spicy chipotle chicken soup is fast and easy to make. It's brimming with earthy spices and smoldering heat! Will take the chill out of any day.
Servings 8 1-cup servings (total yield: 8 cups)
For the Chicken Soup
- 1 medium Red onion chopped
- 1 medium Jalapeño seeds removed and diced
- 3 Garlic cloves minced
- 1 15-ounce can Fire roasted tomatoes whole or diced
- 1.5-2 teaspoons ground Chipotle Peppers
- 1.5 teaspoons smoked paprika regular NOT hot smoked paprika
- 2 teaspoons cumin
- 1 pound boneless skinless chicken breast
- 3 cups low sodium chicken stock
- Juice from 2 limes
- ½ cup fresh cilantro chopped
For serving (options):
- 2 cups prepared rice
- 1 Avocado diced
- ¼ cup red onion chopped
- ½ Jalapeño thinly chopped
- crushed Tortilla chips
- sour cream or Greek yogurt
- shredded cheese
To make the soup
Place all the chicken ingredients into the Instant Pot and stir to combine. Close the lid and valve and set on high pressure for 7 minutes.
Manually release steam and open the valve and lid.
With the help of 2 forks, roughly shred the chicken.
Add the lime juice and half the chopped cilantro and stir to incorporate.
Serve into bowls. Top with rice, avocado, red onion, jalapeño, fresh cilantro, sour cream grated cheese and/or tortilla chips.
The nutritional calculation does not include toppings.
To make the soup less spicy:
Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 3 days. Or freeze for up to 3 months. Thaw in the refrigerator. Reheat in the microwave or on the stove top.
- leave out the jalapeno or use a partial jalapeno
- use 1 teaspoon of the chipotle chili powder
- add dairy sour cream or cheese when serving
Calories: 92kcal | Carbohydrates: 4g | Protein: 14g | Fat: 2g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Trans Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 36mg | Sodium: 120mg | Potassium: 340mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 1g | Vitamin A: 388IU | Vitamin C: 3mg | Calcium: 19mg | Iron: 1mg