Peanut Butter Frosting
Peanut Butter Frosting is fast, easy and absolutely delicious. Perfect on cakes, cupcakes or anything with chocolate!
Servings 16 See Recipe Notes below
- 1 cup (2 sticks) unsalted butter room temperature
- 3/4 cup creamy peanut butter room temperature
- 2 1/2 cups powdered sugar
- 1-2 tbsp heavy whipping cream
Using a mixer, cream the butter and peanut butter together until smooth and creamy.
Add in the powdered sugar and mix well. If the frosting is too thick to pipe or for your preference add 1-2 tablespoons of heavy whipping cream to thin it out.
Pipe or spread the frosting as desired.
The volume of the peanut butter frosting recipe will cover:
- Use shelf stable peanut butter.
- Do not use natural peanut butter requiring mixing.
- Make sure the peanut butter and butter are room temperature before starting the recipe.
- 16 cupcakes piped as shown in the photos
- At least 24-32 cupcakes if spreading the frosting (not piping)
- Frosting a 9-inch by 13-inch sheet cake
- 2 layer cake: would thinly frost between layers and the outside without additional frosting decoration
- 3 layer 'naked cake': fill between the layers and thinly swipe the outside
Calories: 253kcal | Carbohydrates: 21g | Protein: 3g | Fat: 18g | Saturated Fat: 9g | Trans Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 33mg | Sodium: 58mg | Potassium: 83mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 19g | Vitamin A: 383IU | Vitamin C: 1mg | Calcium: 10mg | Iron: 1mg