Cauliflower Cheese Soup
This fast and easy soup recipe has a thick consistency with light cauliflower and cheese flavor.
Servings 6 1-cup servings (total yield: 6 cups)
- 6 cups Cauliflower florets
- 1 medium Yellow Onion chopped
- 1 clove Garlic minced
- 1 tablespoon Olive oil
- 1 ¾ cups Chicken or Vegetable Broth low sodium
- ½ cup Heavy cream
- 1 cup shredded White Cheddar Cheese
- 1 teaspoon Salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground Black Pepper
Instant Pot instructions
Place the onion, garlic, cauliflower florets, olive oil and broth into the Instant Pot. Close the lid and valve and set on HIGH PRESSURE for 12 minutes.
Perform a QUICK RELEASE and remove the lid.
Add the heavy cream, white cheddar cheese, salt and pepper. Stir to melt the cheese.
Use an an immersion blender to puree the soup until it is smooth and creamy.Alternatively the soup can be processed in batches with a regular blender.
Garnish option - Toasted Cauliflower
For the toasted cauliflower on top: Heat a little bit of olive oil in a small saucepan over medium heat. Saute the cauliflower florets with a sprinkle of salt and pepper.
- Swap the heavy cream for coconut cream or for a little bit of milk and a tablespoon cornstarch.
- You can also use any cheese you have on hand. It's delicious with some grated mozzarella on top too.
Calories: 202kcal | Carbohydrates: 8g | Protein: 8g | Fat: 16g | Saturated Fat: 9g | Cholesterol: 47mg | Sodium: 794mg | Potassium: 414mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 3g | Vitamin A: 480IU | Vitamin C: 55mg | Calcium: 179mg | Iron: 1mg