Instant Pot Apple Cider
Light sweet homemade apple cider is fast and easy to make in the Instant Pot. The delicious flavor of the fresh apples shines through with warming spices.
Servings 8 1-cup servings (8 cups total yield)
- 6 Apples cored and quartered
- 1 Orange quartered
- 1 Cup Granulated sugar
- 2 Cinnamon sticks
- 1 Star anise
- 5 cups Water
Place all the ingredients into the Instant Pot. Seal the lid and valve and set on HIGH PRESSURE for 17 minutes.
Manually release the pressure and remove the lid.
Mash the fruit with a hand mixer or a potato masher.
Strain the solids through a fine mesh strainer or sieve. Discard the solids.
Store in a sealed container in the refrigerator for up to 1 week. Serve cold or warm.
Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 1 week.
- For a sweeter result, peel the oranges before cooking them and reduce the sugar to ¾ cup.
- Add some lemon juice to make it more citrusy.
- For stronger spices add some ground ginger, clove and cardamom.
- Use a mix of granulated sugar and brown sugar. Or try some maple syrup!
Calories: 178kcal | Carbohydrates: 47g | Protein: 1g | Fat: 1g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Sodium: 2mg | Potassium: 176mg | Fiber: 4g | Sugar: 41g | Vitamin A: 111IU | Vitamin C: 15mg | Calcium: 24mg | Iron: 1mg