Chickpea Salad is a light, fresh, chilled salad bursting with colorful wholesome ingredients and great flavor! A perfect summer salad.
Servings 13 1/2-cup servings aproximately (total yeild: 6 1/2 cups salad)
- 1 Avocado diced
- 2 tablespoons fresh Lemon Juice about 1 lemon
- 1 15-ounce can Chickpeas (garbanzo beans) rinsed and drained
- ¼ cup Red onion diced
- 2 cups Grape Tomatoes halved
- 2 cups Cucumbers diced (can be peeled or unpeeled as preferred)
- ½ cup fresh Cilantro or Italian Parsley chopped
- ¾ cup Yellow or Red Bell Pepper diced
- ¼ cup Olive Oil
- 2 tablespoons Red Wine Vinegar
- Salt and pepper to taste
Place diced avocado in a large bowl and squeeze lemon juice over the top of it. Gently stir together. NOTE: this adds flavor and helps keep it from turning brown (oxidizing).
Add in the rest of the ingredients and toss to combine.
Chill for 1-2 hours before serving or eat right away. Enjoy!
Calories: 73kcal | Carbohydrates: 4g | Protein: 1g | Fat: 7g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Sodium: 4mg | Potassium: 183mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 2g | Vitamin A: 539IU | Vitamin C: 18mg | Calcium: 7mg | Iron: 1mg