Broccoli Salad is always a favorite thanks to a delicious mixture of simple ingredients giving a sweet-tangy flavor and perfect crunch!
Servings 8 1-cup servings
- 5-6 cups fresh Broccoli florets aproximately 2-2 ½ broccoli heads
- 1 cup sharp Cheddar Cheese thickly shredded or cubed
- 2/3 cup dried Cranberries
- ½ cup Bacon cooked and crumbled
- ½ cup salted Sunflower Seeds
- ½ cup diced Red Onion
- 3/4 cup Mayonnaise
- ¼ cup Sour Cream
- 1 ½ tablespoons White Vinegar
- 1 ½ tablespoons Granulated Sugar
- ½ teaspoon Salt or to taste
- 1/2 teaspoon ground Black Pepper or to taste
In a large mixing bowl combine broccoli florets, cheddar cheese, dried cranberries, bacon, sunflower seeds, and diced red onion. Set aside.
In a separate smaller mixing bowl, make dressing by stirring together mayonnaise, sour cream, white vinegar, sugar, salt and pepper.
Pour the dressing into broccoli mixture and stir until incorporated.
Chill for 2-3 hours for best flavor or serve right away. Enjoy!
Finely grated cheese does not mix well with the other ingredients to evenly distribute through the salad or provide a bite of great flavor. Use thickly grated or cubed cheese for this recipe.
Mixing the Recipe
Use a large mixing bowl with plenty of space to allow room for mixing the salad ingredients and the dressing to well coat.
Calories: 386kcal | Carbohydrates: 18g | Protein: 9g | Fat: 32g | Saturated Fat: 9g | Cholesterol: 37mg | Sodium: 519mg | Potassium: 316mg | Fiber: 3g | Sugar: 11g | Vitamin A: 554IU | Vitamin C: 52mg | Calcium: 146mg | Iron: 1mg