Instant Pot Artichokes
Instant Pot Artichokes are fast, easy and delicious. A perfect way to cook globe artichokes.
Servings 3 -4 medium artichokes
- 3 medium size Artichokes trimmed
- Water refer to Notes for amounts per Instant Pot size
- 1/2 fresh Lemon cut into 4 pieces
Cooking the Artichokes
Place the trivet (steaming rack) into the bottom of the instant pot and pour the required amount of water inside (see NOTES below). Add the lemon pieces to the water.
Place the trimmed artichokes. stem side down. on the trivet.
Seal the lid. Move the release valve to the “sealing” position. Cook on Manual HIGH PRESSURE for 20 minutes. Perform a QUICK RELEASE when the cooking cycle has completed.
Serve immediately. NOTE: the artichokes can be served whole or halved. Serve with favorite dipping sauces.
Amount of water required per Instant Pot model:
This recipe is written for medium sized artichokes, you will need to adjust the cooking time accordingly for artichoke size:
- 8 Quart Models need 1.5 cups of liquid
- 6 Quart Models need 1 cup of liquid
- 3 Quart Models need .75 cups of liquid
Quick release the pressure and remove the lid as soon as you are able to avoid mushy artichokes.
Cook artichokes whole. If slicing artichokes in half, do this after they have cooked. Cooking them in the Instant Pot halved will cause them to overcook.
- Small artichokes will take approximately 10 minutes
- Larger artichokes will need to cook 30 minutes.
Calories: 65kcal | Carbohydrates: 15g | Protein: 4g | Fat: 1g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Sodium: 121mg | Potassium: 498mg | Fiber: 7g | Sugar: 2g | Vitamin C: 25mg | Calcium: 61mg | Iron: 2mg