Dragon Shrimp Noodles
This recipe is easy to prepare with a handfull of ingredient that cook quickly. The end result is a spicy, sweet, salty flavor with a great bite of shrimp in satisfying ramen noodles.
- 4 packages gluten-free Ramen Noodles* or 2 packages of traditional gluten Ramen *if the gluten-free variety is the same size as traditional ramen, 2 packages may be used instead of 4
- 2 tablespoons Vegetable Oil
- 1 pound Raw, peeled, deveined Frozen Shrimp (51-60 count) thawed per package instructions
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh Garlic
- 1 1/2 tablespoons peeled, chopped Ginger
- 1 cup Shredded Carrots
- 1/2 large Red Onion peeled, sliced into 1/8-inch thick slices; slice layers separated
- Garnish: lime wedges and torn cilantro
Ingredients for the Sauce:
Prepare the ramen noodles per package instructions. Do not use a flavor packet if included.
While the ramen is cooking, prep the vegetables and combine the ingredients for the sauce; stir to combine fully.
While the cooked ramen noodles are draining, heat the oil over medium-high heat in a large wok or skillet. Add the ginger and garlic and cook for 2 minutes to soften.
Add the carrots and onions to the skillet. Saute just until the onion begins to soften; 1-2 minutes. Remove from the skillet onto a plate or bowl.
Add the shrimp to the skillet and saute, picking up any browned bits from the vegetable sauteeing. NOTE: additional oil may be added if needed. Cook until the shrimp become opaque and pink or white (depends on variety used). 3-4 minutes.
Add the vegetables back to the skillet and stir/toss to combine. Pour in the sauce and stir to combine. Add in the ramen and toss to fully combine. Serve hot with suggested garnishes.
Calories: 627kcal | Carbohydrates: 73g | Protein: 34g | Fat: 21g | Saturated Fat: 12g | Cholesterol: 285mg | Sodium: 3620mg | Potassium: 430mg | Fiber: 3g | Sugar: 16g | Vitamin A: 5345IU | Vitamin C: 12.9mg | Calcium: 221mg | Iron: 6.4mg