Instant Pot Chicken Taco Soup
This hearty soup is packed with chicken and vegetables for a spicy, satisfying fast meal!
- 1 tablespoon Avocado Oil (alternate cooking oil may be used if not Paleo)
- 1 small Red Onion peeled and diced
- 1 medium Yellow Bell Pepper seeded and diced
- 3 Garlic Cloves quartered
- 1 28-ounce can Diced Tomatoes including juice
- 1 cup Water
- 1/2 pound Boneless, Skinless Chicken Breasts
- 1 medium Jalapeno Pepper seeded and diced
- 1 2.25-ounce can Diced Black Olives drained
- 2 tablespoons Chili Powder
- 1 tablespoon Ground Cumin
- 1 teaspoon Sea Salt
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground Black Pepper
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh Cilantro divided
- 1 medium Avocado peeled, pitted and sliced
Press the Sauté button on the Instant Pot and heat oil. Add onion and bell pepper; sauté 3–5 minutes until onions are translucent.
Add garlic and heat an additional minute.
Add tomatoes, including juice, and water; deglaze pot by scraping up any bits from the bottom and sides of the pot.
Add chicken, jalapeno, black olives, chili powder, cumin, salt, pepper, and 1⁄4 cup cilantro. Lock lid. Press the Manual or High Pressure Cook button and adjust time to 15 minutes.
When timer beeps, quick release pressure until float valve drops and then unlock lid. Use two forks to shred the chicken in the pot. Let simmer 5 minutes.
Ladle soup into bowls and garnish with avocado slices and remaining cilantro.
Excerpted with permission from The “I Love My Instant Pot” Paleo Recipe Book" Copyright © 2017 by Michelle Fagone, published by Adams Media.
Calories: 118kcal | Carbohydrates: 3g | Protein: 13g | Fat: 5g | Cholesterol: 36mg | Sodium: 720mg | Potassium: 334mg | Fiber: 1g | Vitamin A: 1355IU | Vitamin C: 2.6mg | Calcium: 34mg | Iron: 1.9mg