Winter Citrus White Sangria
Not only is this Winter Citrus While Sangria refreshing but also beautiful to look at. Combining several of winter’s prized fruits infuses sweet and tangy flavors for a perfect winter sipper. If you prefer to not include the fruit in the sangria servings be sure to use them in some other way; they are delicious once infused with the sangria!
To add fizz and sweetness before serving I prefer San Pellegrino’s Aranciata sparkling orange beverage which has a softer flavor, is less sweet and fizzy than many citrus sodas. If not available a similar citrus soda will also do the trick.
Servings 8 -10 servings depending on glass size
- 1 750 ml bottle White Rioja or Pinot Grigio wine
- 1/3 cup Brandy
- ½ cup Citronage or Grand Marnier liqueur
- 1 Blood Oranges , peeled and sliced
- ½ cup sliced Kumquats (it is not necessary to peel them); approximately 10-12 fruits
- 1 Meyer Lemons , peeled and sliced
- 1 Cara Cara orange , peeled and sliced
- 1 small Navel Orange , peeled and sliced
- 1 Lime , peeled and sliced
- 3 Clementines or Cuties , peeled and sliced
- San Pellegrino Aranciata (sparkling orange beverage) or similar citrus sparkling soda
Combine all ingredients EXCEPT San Pellegrino Aranciata in a large glass jar with lid and spigot, or glass container that can be closed. Place in the refrigerator overnight.
To serve: fill a glass with 2/3 liquid and fruit, and top with 1/3 San Pellegrino Aranciata or other sparkling citrus soda.
Calories: 175kcal | Carbohydrates: 14g | Protein: 0g | Fat: 0g | Saturated Fat: 0g | Cholesterol: 0mg | Sodium: 2mg | Potassium: 104mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 9g | Vitamin A: 55IU | Vitamin C: 28.6mg | Calcium: 22mg | Iron: 0.1mg