Cherry Strawberry Clafoutis (French crustless custard pie)
Cherry Strawberry Clafoutis is a perfect relaxed dessert for summer dining. Using fresh cherries and strawberries the fruit provide the main sweetness for the pie.
- 1 1/4 cups Milk
- 1/3 cup granulated Sugar
- 3 Eggs , room temperature
- 1 tablespoon Vanilla Extract
- 1/8 teaspoon Kosher Salt
- 1/2 cup Flour (gluten-free or with gluten; I used King Arthur's Gluten-Free Flour)
- 2 cups fresh Cherries , pitted and halved
- 1 cup fresh Strawberries , halved or quartered if very large
- 1/2 teaspoon Chinese Five Spice
- Confectioner's sugar to sprinkle on top
Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Butter a deep dish pie pan and set aside.
In a blender combine all ingredients EXCEPT the cherries and strawberries. Blend to fully combine and pour into the prepared pie pan.
Evenly distribute the fruit on over the top of the batter (they will sink into the batter).
Place pie pan into heated oven. Bake for 45-60 minutes until a knife inserted comes out clean. Remove from oven and allow to cool to room temperature.
Sprinkle with confectioner's sugar and serve.
Calories: 148kcal | Carbohydrates: 25g | Protein: 4g | Fat: 3g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 65mg | Sodium: 76mg | Potassium: 185mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 17g | Vitamin A: 175IU | Vitamin C: 13mg | Calcium: 61mg | Iron: 0.9mg