Mediterranean Salad with Sun Dried Balsamic Vinaigrette
This salad is truly a celebration of summer bursting with flavor and color. Simple to make, it provides a delicious variety of sweet and salty flavors on a bed of delicious fresh zucchini ribbons!
Servings 2 entree salads
Ingredients for the Sun Dried Balsamic Vinaigrette:
- 1 1/2 tablespoons Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 tablespoon aged Balsamic Vinegar
- 1 teaspoon chopped Sun-Dried Tomato
- Pinch of Kosher Salt
Ingredients for the Mediterranean Salad:
- 1 medium Zucchini , cut into ribbons (preferably with a Spiralizer)
- 1/2 Yellow or Orange Sweet Bell Pepper , seeded and cut into thin strips lengthwise
- 3/4 cup Grape Tomatoes , cut in half lengthwise
- 8 large Fresh Basil leaves , torn into pieces
- 2 ounces Feta Cheese crumbles
Instructions for making Sun Dried Tomato Balsamic Vinaigrette:
Instructions for making the salad:
On two side serving plates, layer the zucchini ribbons (divided evenly between the two plates) to form a bed for the other ingredients.
Evenly layer the sweet pepper slices, grape tomatoes, basil leaves and feta cheese on the zucchini ribbons.
Drizzle desired amount of vinaigrette and add a few grinds of fresh black pepper. Serve!
Calories: 215kcal | Carbohydrates: 10g | Protein: 6g | Fat: 17g | Saturated Fat: 5g | Cholesterol: 25mg | Sodium: 336mg | Potassium: 489mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 6g | Vitamin A: 1085IU | Vitamin C: 83mg | Calcium: 168mg | Iron: 1mg