Slow Cooker Spicy Pumpkin Chicken Corn Chowder
Traditional chicken corn chowder is made exciting with chipotle pepper, adobo sauce and some cream pumpkin puree!
Servings 10 cups chowder
- 1 cup Red Onion , chopped
- 1 teaspoon Olive Oil
- 1 pound Red New Potatoes , scrubbed and cut into bite-size pieces
- 2 cup Frozen Corn Kernels
- ¼ cup Flour (gluten-free or regular)
- 6 cups Low Sodium Chicken Broth
- 2 cups Rotisserie Chicken , shredded (home cooked chicken may also be used)
- 1 15- ounce can Pumpkin (unseasoned); or the equivalent homemade
- 1 canned Chipotle Pepper , diced
- 1 teaspoon Adobo Sauce (from the can of chipotle peppers)
- ¼ cup Heavy Cream
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- Optional Garnish: crumbled bacon and torn cilantro leaves
In a medium skillet, heat the oil over medium high. Add the chopped onions and sauté until the onions are translucent. Set aside.
Add the potatoes and corn to the bottom of the slow cooker. Sprinkle with the flour and toss to fully coat the potatoes and corn. Spread evenly on the bottom of the slow cooker.
Add the sautéed onions evenly on top of the potatoes and corn, followed by the chicken.
Combine the broth and the pumpkin; gently stirring to combine them. Top with the chopped chipotle pepper and adobo sauce in the slow cooker.
Cook on high between 4-6 hours until the potatoes are soft. Stir in the cream. Salt and pepper for taste. Add garnish if desired and serve.
Garnish with crumbled bacon and torn cilantro if desired!
Calories: 201kcal | Carbohydrates: 22g | Protein: 12g | Fat: 7g | Saturated Fat: 2g | Cholesterol: 29mg | Sodium: 248mg | Potassium: 553mg | Fiber: 3g | Sugar: 3g | Vitamin A: 7210IU | Vitamin C: 7.7mg | Calcium: 34mg | Iron: 2mg